Framing reference being ignored?!?!?!!!

contractcad

Another mystery for me. I have a framing reference placed in my plan that seemed to work fine when I originally framed the structure but now that I wanted to shift the framing in one of the walls to more properly align with components and windows I have placed within it, the framing reference appears to be ignored.  I have "use framing reference" selected in the structure tab and "retain framing" unchecked but no matter where I scoot the framing reference marker around to the framing is remaining static within the wall when I choose to "build framing for selected objects". I've even opened up the wall framing detail and deleted the framing but when I click build framing again for the selected wall the framing returns to it's original position. I have moved the framing reference marker around but to no effect.

hmm, I had backed out of that plan file, but I guess I DO still have it referenced to the layout that still was open.

Now to be specific, the wall I was concentrating on is the far left one that has the wood stove thimble going thru the center of the wall on that side.  I was attempting to shift the studs 12 inches along the wall so that the thimble would end up between the studs, not thru the middle of one.  Also, I placed the tall and narrow accent windows on either side of the wood stove so once the studs were shifted the windows would wind up between the studs without any need for a header or extra framing. (but the studs, they are not moving)

The framing marker is just hanging out in space right now because I was just moving it around trying to get the wall studs to do something. Didn't work.

This plan is really just for me to get some uncluttered framing views. Not my full plan.  My main plan has gone thru so many changes I thought it just easier to make this shell for some of the extra details I wanted.

Green - Truss and Framing 3.plan

Yes, I did know I had added another framing reference.  I had reviewed a video previously and was under the impression that you could have more than one framing reference marking in your plan and the program would refer to the closest marker to the area being framed. After re-viewing the video I do note now that multiple markers were also being separated by being on different floors.

• 1 year later...