Wall Lock Constraint?

Emma04

I use Chief architect pro x14. Is there a way to lock wall length once done with imputing all your walls? Every time I try and use the room divider tool my wall always changes lengths; I thinks its just because of the angle I watched a video on how to fix it and was just wondering if there an option to lock your walls from the dimensions changing and not just being able to select them because of the active layer display . I'm new to Chief architect and when I used Revit it had a lock constraint next to the dimensions line, so I never had this problem before. Does Chief Architect not have this as a feature?

Edited by Emma04
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Emma04 said:

Is there a way to lock wall length once done editing the plan?

No.

7 minutes ago, Emma04 said:

Every time I try and use the room splitting tool my wall always changes lengths.

There is no "room splitting tool". Tell us what you are doing and exactly what's happening -- like which wall always changes length.

Suggest you work through the Tutorial linked via the Help Menu, and watch the hour long getting started videos on the Chief YouTube channel.

Once you learn how Chief works, and not expect it to work like other programs, you will have far fewer problems.

Emma:  don't hold your breath

I have been requesting various locks such as wall locks, room locks, floor locks, wing locks etc since 2006

once I have something "done" I don't want Chief moving it because of an action I take and there is a "ripple" effect

IF a lock is placed there should be a warning if Chief needs to make a change to the locked item

Chief programmers believe there is no need for locks and yet the subject arises time and again

Lew

• Upvote 2

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    healthcare
    Newest Member
    healthcare

• By jbur91
      Using Chief X12 and have a question about rounding.

Is there a way to make dimensions round to the nearest fraction? Using the manual dimensioning tools, the program is rounding inconsistently. For example, I have my current dimension defaults set to show fractions to the nearest 1/2". However, it won't round to the nearest 1/2", it will only round down. One measurement in particular is 10'-4.94", and it's showing up on the floor plan as 10'-4 1/2" instead of 10'-5" like I want it to. This is causing exterior dimensions to appear inconsistent and is overall a huge headache for me.

Is there some setting I'm not aware of that is preventing the dimensions from rounding up when I need them to?

Thanks,

Jack
    • By PJS-59
      I have a question on creating wall caps.
      I have a plan with 12" Concrete Wall w/ 2" interior drywall for the basement exterior walls. 
      The 1st floor has 6" Siding exterior walls.
      I have a U-Shaped stairs from basement to 1st floor in back left corner.
      I want to place a wall cap over exposed basement wall where basement meets 1st floor in stair well.
      How do I handle this?  I can't find in documentation anywhere.

Sample 3D Picture with red arrow where I want "wall cap".

• By Doug_N
      This post moved to suggestions.
    • By Ange822
      Good morning, would anyone know how to show the dimensions text horizontally and not parallel to where the dimensions is being taken?
      I am tried looking in preferences / setting / other chief talks with no luck.

Much appreciated!

• By SNestor
      Using X13. Have "framing default" checked for "Allow Automatic Balloon Framing"...but, as you can see in the picture below it's not working. I have auto framing walls turned on...experimented with the joist direction...didn't seem to have an effect. 

I'm on a MAC...maybe this is a reason? Does anybody know if this new feature in X13 actually works? 

Thanks!