Wall Niche question

Larry_Sweeney

Go to solution Solved by Larry_Sweeney,

I'm building a pony wall consisting of 12" blocks on the lower and one row of 6" block as the upper. I'm using a "wall niche" for the beam pocket which is in the first two courses at the top of the 12" block lower wall and is 6" deep. In the render view everything looks as it should be, but in the plan view it (sort of) shows the niche in both the 6" and 12" blocks even if I turn off the wall niche layer. Is there a way to show the pocket only in the 12" wall as shown by the red dashed line? I think I've tried all avenues, but to no avail. Is there a better way to make a beam pocket and have it shown correctly? Is this considered a bug? As always, I appreciate all advice.

BEAM POCKET 1.jpg

BEAM POCKET 2.jpg

Yes Eric, you are correct. I finally did find the thread in a follow-up search. I did a couple of earlier searches, but both of those times I guess I didn't look far enough. You mentioned in your work around that there are times your walls re-merge back together. That's the problem I'm having now. Is there a work around for this "wall merging? I've tried reversing layers, but that's developing other problems it seems.