Locking textures to imported symbols

EMchue

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could help with some issues Im having with importing 3d symbols - I am trying to import some SKP files into chief (decor, people etc) and while some are coming in fine others are coming in with no texture/materials or the materials are not applied correctly (eg a symbol of a person the texture is placed wrong) - if someone could help me out with how to "lock" the material that would be super helpful. Thanks 

first image is how it appears in sketchup and second how it imports into CA

1112769218_Screenshot2022-05-22150828.thumb.png.7da07022683d143cc8e0164ca983b5c3.png112192410_Screenshot2022-05-22150902.thumb.png.2c3d62a01cc49de395617820e4212427.png

Emily 

X14

Actually there is nothing wrong with the imported settings.  You just need to view it in Standard View.

So set it back to X= 1" and Y= 1" if you changed anything.

image.thumb.png.d7764eb9d8c98f070cebf78cd6be7a8b.png  image.thumb.png.730b82dcd9c3c61fcc588599843a997b.png

4 minutes ago, EMchue said:

WOW THANKS - this is working for pretty much all of them thank goodness!! thanks chopsaw

Your welcome.  It might actually be better in Chief than Sketchup !  Look at the shoes.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DavidRC
    Newest Member
    DavidRC

• By Kbird1
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tip Added here after being found buried in a post in the Q&A Section as I thought it would be useful for Others, Thx Chopsaw.
                                                                            *I have also added some PDFs and links for GIMP.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making SEAMLESS TEXTURES using Gimp.                    * this info is in the PDF below too

It's an open source (free) photo editing software available at https://www.gimp.org

Tutorials are here : https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Direct link as of :

Mar.13th 2023
      https://download.gimp.org/gimp/v2.10/windows/gimp-2.10.34-setup.exe

1. Open the image file in Gimp.

2. Edit > Copy, then Edit > Paste as new layer.             Paste it as a new layer three times so you have a total of four copies, each on their own layer.

3. Image > Canvas Size. Exactly double the width and height of the image/canvas size.

4. Use the alignment tool to align each layer in its own corner (so they are all visible, not overlapped).

5. Use the "flip" tool to reverse/mirror three of the layers. Leave the top-left corner alone.
              Reverse the top-right corner horizontally.
              Reverse the lower-left corner vertically.
              Reverse the lower right corner horizontally and vertically.

6. Export the new image. This will now be a seamless texture when tiled. Choose it as the texture file for your material.

7. Adjust the scale of your new material since the size of the image is now larger.

* the Info above is in the PDF below too

SEAMLESS TEXTURES USING GIMP.pdf

I also made a PDF of the Latest Release Notes

GIMP 2.10.20 Release Notes.pdf

Mick
    • By marlem2000
      Hi, everybody
      I would like to know how you edit symbols or CAD blocks.
      I don’t have much experience creating my own objects so I usually download them from pages like 3D Warehouse.
      Most of the times I need to make changes or remove elements included in these objects so I just load the symbol, go to Edit CAD block and try to modify what I need in the CAD Block window.
      When the object is ready, I just add it to the library, but when I try to reload again the symbol previously created I can’t see it in the 3D view.
      I’m sure I’m missing some steps or, probably, I can’t understand how symbols work.
      Many thanks for the help!

• By Renerabbitt
      Separating Sale items from free items from the popular FREE SYMBOLS AND CONTENT
      All items can be purchased from the SHOP
      Want free items? I love giving away things to help you succeed in this software, just click on the link above for the symbols and content thread for free stuff!

• By marlem2000
      I started working on a wall niche thinking I wouldn’t have any problem but the more I walk, the more doubts I get.
      Here they go a good bunch of questions related to this:

- If I remove the frame of the wall niche I get a brown texture that I want to replace by the one I used on the floor of the room. How can I expand that one inside the niche?
      - Then, is it possible to change the color of the wall niche inside (not the whole wall)?
      - The same way, is it possible to change the color of part of the wall?
      - Now related to the cross section view, it’s almost impossible to select some objects because there are other elements in front of them. How can I do that? And, at the same time, why some objects aren’t visible in this view?
      I know; too many questions. Sorry!

• By Ange822
      Hi there - I am upgrading from X12 to X14, I have been able to export / import my hot keys and User Catalogues, any ideas how to export / import the Chief Bonus Catalogs and Manufacturer Catalogs without exporting each individual library?