Auto-Storypole Settings

robdyck

Does anyone know where Chief gets the settings to:

1. locate the Storypole dimension (relative to the building)
  2. control the distance from the dimension string to the elevation marker?

To me it looks like #1 comes from the active dimension defaults and is relative to the outermost surface. My 1st line offset is set to 24" so the storypole generates 24" away from the gutter.

If I turn off the gutter, it then generates 24" away from edge of the roof surface (saving me some valuable page space), but also annoying because I like it right on the grid line (because I'm picky about dimension spacing and alignment and consistency).

But my elevation markers are generating 16" away from the dimension string (this takes up too much space on my page). I can't find any setting that control this.

image.thumb.png.15135d7f1d4c76dfcfae44b562a4c07f.pngimage.thumb.png.c544db7a32f2b4d890ea2ab2f8bcee9f.png

It seems to be relative to the size of the marker, not the length of the marker line. In my case, the marker size is 2" and 16" away is where it generates. Increasing the marker size moves it further away and decreasing the marker size moves it closer.

Reducing my marker size isn't an option, but I'd still like this to be quite a bit closer automatically...