New X13 update today???

rgardner

55 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Did you click on the "Check Knowledge Base" button?  This will often take you to tech support article that will explain things in more detail. 

Did you get any error messages before you noticed the problems in your plan?  Most often when plans start misbehaving the program will display some kind of error message letting you know that there is a problem.  Sometimes people ignore these messages and then wonder why the plan is having problems.  You should never ignore error messages.

Did you save your plan after you saw the problems?  This is one way to get corrupted plan files.  Whenever you see strange problems in a plan, you should always do a save as so that you won't corrupt what might be a good version of the plan.

The bottom line is that this error message means that your plan is corrupt and can't be read.  The file header information is the very first thing in the file and when this data is missing or wrong then there is usually no way to read the file.  It's basically gibberish to the program.  The best thing to do is fine an archive or backup of the plan that is usable. 

You might also check out this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00960/message-the-plan-file-you-are-attempting-to-open-appears-to-be-corrupted.html

On a side note, you have given me no information that indicates that this is a new problem in 23.4.  My guess is that this is the result of a random program or system glitch and has nothing to do with the update.  If you experience this problem again, then you should contact our technical support team.

I may have, but I don't recall clicking on that button. No I did not get any error messages prior to any of these problems in the plan file and I did also save the file before and after the problems, but it was not a save as. Also at this point I have almost gotten back to where I was in the layout I was creating so I may just use your tips to try recover the file and for future reference. Due to my setting being auto archive daily rather than hourly a backup/archive file was not created for the work I had done. I was unsure if the problem was related to the update or not so hence posting it here as it was a new issue never experienced before the update on any file including ones that are much larger in size.

oooooooh, can it be, after a lot of grief and cussing, that after this latest update from CA and NVIDIA I went a whole day without any crashes from spinning the home in 3D or producing PBRT's? We shall see......... I will work it hard tomorrow and try and make it crash to see if this was the fix sent down from heaven.