Ledger board on inside of 2nd story exterior wall

Michael86

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

Hello,

I haven't done many designs in Chief Architect (X12) but I'm picking it back up and I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do is possible. I've searched online and tried to find some answers in forum searches but still can't seem to find what I'm looking for. What I'm trying to do is to create a Garage Mezzanine for storage which will attach to existing wall framing on the back 39' wall and extend out to a flush  mounted I-beam supported by posts. The two sides will end up with a 2x16 along the existing wall framing as well but won't be considered a ledger.

I've included 4 screenshots. The first shows the I beam with wood inserts bolted to it with hangers and 2x16's, the second shows a ledger being attached to existing wall framing which is basically what I'd like to include on the 3 walls that it attaches to, the third shows the 2nd floor detail in which I've circled the framing that Chief will do and the final shows the rough floorplan of the 2nd floor which is unfinished storage (stairs not yet done) and the "open below" area. 

The reason I have a second floor was in order to create the mezzanine floor location, however, I'm wondering if that's where I'm running into my issue. Is there anyway to build a mezzanine which attaches to the existing wall using ledger boards on the inside framing? I've found the video for foundations and inserting a ledger board on that but can't see how to apply that to my case.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

example 2.PNG

example 3.PNG

example.PNG

Example 4.PNG

Awesome thanks!

Seems to do the trick. Not quickly but enough that I can work with it for what I'm doing. Once I have it all set where I want it I can generate the framing and then manually delete the extra framing and extend the framing from the bottom to the top and turn off automatic framing / lock the wall framing at that point to generate all my construction drawings.

If anyone has a quicker way to do it please let me know, otherwise this will work! Thanks so much Robert!

image.thumb.png.41855b39d0b7c36d141abcce7f75a343.png

You can also try selecting the wall below the mezzanine and setting: Wall Specification>Structure>Platform Intersections>Ceiling Platform>Balloon Through Ceiling Above. It may make things a bit easier to clean up.

594495158_ScreenShot03-18-22at12_17PM.thumb.JPG.bae6fc2f2d42d160b0b7cdd5ccb8179d.JPG

8 minutes ago, Michael86 said:

Interesting, I just did that with all three walls that the floor touches and it still generates the 4 plates inbetween rather than extending it like in your example

Were you careful to select the walls below the mezzanine?