Doorway through Roof plane?

SMB2021

Go to solution Solved by joey_martin,

Working on the plan for this existing house and they have a doorway connecting one catwalk to another but the roof pitch is steep and running 2 different directions. I've attached 2 pictures of what I need the area to actually look like in my plan.

Catwalk Doorway.PNG

Catwalk Doorway_1.PNG

20220304_190432708_iOS.jpg

20220304_191055844_iOS.jpg

IMG_5314.JPG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserRyan25
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserRyan25

• By mprovost129
      Ever since I upgraded to X14 I've had an issue where the trim doesn't populate on some of my roofs / roof belts. Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe I should try reinstalling X14? These roofs were copied from the adjacent roof that has the trim and has the same properties. It just makes no sense. I sent a request to support, and they couldn't recreate it at the time.

220804 - Krupa Residence - Lot 8C The Preserve at Brook St. Rehoboth, MA.zip
    • By EmmaCox
      I'm trying to draw a skirt roof but the fascia is not showing, see screenshot. Any ideas? I just updated to X14 so not sure if this is a glitch? I've never had issues with this in the past using older versions!

• By KO1413
      Hi there

I'm pretty new to Chief Architect and I have a project with a pretty bizarre roof line.  I'm SO close to connecting everything but I'm not sure how to have a roof slope in two different directions.  I've attached images of the section of roof I'm interested in fixing (if it's possible).  It's a triangle that connects to other roof sections at two of three corners.  However, one corner sits high because that section needs to slope in two directions.  I was hoping there was a way to select the two corners and simply join them and have the program figure out the slope needed for this but I can't seem to figure this out on my own.  Anyone have any tips/tricks/advice? 

Below is a OneDrive link to the .plan file I am working on: 
      https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjJMbQMG7iV1gsch39gBGIlQ9B519Q

I am using Chief Architect X14.  

Thanks in advance
      Kristy

• By AndrewSopher
      Hello, 
      I have run across a problem and I am having trouble figuring out the solution with energy heels. On the front porch I need a 43" energy heel, the back portion of the house I need a 18" energy heel and then the gables I need a 6'' energy heel. I manually generated the roof but was wondering the ways to determine the energy heels. Is the only way to solve this is by placing roof trusses and measuring from there? To go along with that question, I am wondering if I raise my roof planes through the Z delta (in the transform/replicate dbx) is that the same as what the energy heel would be if I were to place trusses and measure? Thanks.