Zip-R sheathing.

bdillard1

Hello,

I as able to create Zip Sheathing easily enough by converting OSB and slapping a zip image over it.   Any idea how to make a single material with the layers of Zip-R?    I used zip as one material and then added insulation as the next layer but it would be nice to have a single item to represent 3,6,9 and 12 Zip-R.

image.thumb.png.6f4d0da16e0d05af5abbf8f1fdaf6be2.pngimage.thumb.png.bf66779d1018a5998abfd8083846de4c.png

I'm happy to export the symbol and post it here but I'm not sure how.  I figure anyone who can tell me how to export it already created their own but i'm happy to learn how to do it.

• Upvote 1

Chief doesn't allow multiple-component Materials. If you're concerned with an accurate Materials List, I believe you'll need to define 4 separate Materials and modify the Depth attribute in the Define Material>Materials List tab; then modify your Wall definitions for the appropriate thickness of the Zip-R layer.

• Like 1

I am working on a current project with a ZIP system. This is how I set it up.

Keep in mind that, I know the actual ZIP green layer isn't 1/16" thick, it's part of the ZIP system as a whole, but should the homeowner change their mind, I don't have to do a bunch of messing with wall layers since the materials list is going to count the OSB, and the ZIP layer for me to use. 

image.thumb.png.4ad7ff473fdb9a8ca6debf8dd114bdee.png

• Like 1

I did reach out and they seem open to adding it - 

Thanks for the request. I’ll ask our content development team to pursue this.

We would be excited to partner with Huberwood to work on a digital catalog; we’ll try to reach out and create a connection with their team.

Would you do the same? We find that brands see the value of partnership when customers ask for digital access to their products in Chief Architect.

Thanks so much!

Suggestions  |  Chief Architect® Software
suggestions@chiefarchitect.com