California Based Draftsman has limited opening as of 2-2-22

jdfales

Hi All

My name is Jonathan Fales and I have been drawing plans and pulling permits all over the California Bay Area for over a decade now. A tremendous amount of my work is done through Via Builders Inc out of Los Altos, CA . Most everything you see on that website had me as the lead draftsman. I have answered comments and argued points with every municipality around. On the side I operate JDFales Plans & Permits where I currently have projects all over the state and even a few out of state jobs from time to time. Aside from traditional residential plans and permits I've traced PDFs, Made 3D models, added notations to already created plans.....you name it. I can do it. My background before drawing was construction of course. I've been a laborer, carpenter, project manager and now Draftsman. If you need to make sense out of construction jargon from a contractor or technical talk from the city/ county...I'm your translator. Email Me- Jdfales@gmail.com

-Jonathan Fales

Chief Arch User Since X7

4 hours ago, jdfales said:

Hi All

My name is Jonathan Fales and I have been drawing plans and pulling permits all over the California Bay Area for over a decade now. A tremendous amount of my work is done 

-Jonathan Fales

Chief Arch User Since X7

I don't have anything at the moment but please drop me a line. renerabbitt@gmail.com. I'm in Oakland and things pop up.

• 4 weeks later...

Love to work together. I'll shoot a quick email over so we save each others contact info. We live in a very regulated area that only makes sense to those who have submitted plans for awhile. If I can be of any help do not hesitate.

Best

Jonathan Fales

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SteveBeitscher
    Newest Member
    SteveBeitscher

• By BlackDiamond
      I have over 8 years experience with Chief Architect (currently using X14) and have worked on various projects from simple starter homes to extravagant estates, multi-family projects, production homes, and resort communities. I currently live in Oklahoma but have worked remotely very successfully for many years. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you how I might be of assistance on your next project. Please email me at blackdiamonddesign4@gmail.com.

Valley concept.pdf
    • By LegacyChief
      Work with a talented team of staff and contractors to develop construction plans for our customers. Simple garages to extravagant homes. Not a remote position. Office, computer, software provided. PTO, VACATION, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision. Advancement opportunities.

LegacyMetalsLLC.com
      Call Dennis Piper for more information at:
      270-887-0488 ext. 103.
    • By basilbabaa
      SITUATION:  X13 3D renders, when compared to X12, appear blurred, washed out, less vibrant in quality and the vector renders have excessive line weights in X13

Rather than hijack a previous topic thread, I am starting this topic as a result of a side conversation that emerged here-in:  

It appears that there are others experiencing this same issue, and so I thought I would begin this here in it's own topic thread.  
      Here is a Dropbox link to image and video files (generated on both a i9 and M1 Pro Max chips) depicting the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9zt4tagbuhsfkbi/AABsTnIW6DjT5uExeP6e5mcAa?dl=0

As a note, I have already opened a support case with Chief Technical Support and they have graciously offered to look into it:  

If anyone else is noticing lesser quality output with 3D rendering in X13 as compared to X12, perhaps we can share our experience and thoughts here as well as with support towards a workable solution.
    • By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,
      I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John 
      Steel I Beam Issue.pdf
    • By Designers_Edge
      I have had this issue for a couple of years and just lived with it.  I do have an iMac with the Apple mouse.  Often when I do long end-to-end dimensions the lines are not straight or drawing a CAD object, they are off.  I have my "angles" checked so that I am not drawing an off angle item.  I have gone into Chief preferences and see nothing there and have also gone into the System Preferences on my computer to see if there are any controls for the mouse.  

I never had this problem before.  It used to be, that I didn't have to worry about actually drawing a straight line, as Chief seemed to make sure the intended straight line was drawn that way.

I put an example --this is a CAD line that I attempted to draw and I truly meant to draw it straight.  What am I missing??