Stairwell celings / stacking stairwells

bdillard

Hello,

I created a dedicated area for a stairwell to the basement and to the attic.   When I put in the basement one, there is no ceiling - there was one until I put this in and told it to i put in automatic stairwell.   That was so the stairwell would come through to the next floor and you could walk on it -what I didn't think about was it wouldn't create a sloped ceiling over it.

In case this is related, I plan on putting a stairwell over this stairwell to go to the attic.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I have not figured it out yet.   When I went to the main floor in the diagram - above the stairwell I put in the basement leading to the main flloor, I put in a stairwell.   For some reason it started on the basement floor and lead to the main floor.

I manually edited the stair settings so it would go from the main floor to the attic, it put the stairwell at the right level (it appears) however when I click on automatically generate stairwell,

it says cannot find the floor above the stairs in which to place the stairwell.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

It seems to be a catch 22 - I can't seem to add a room without adding a floor but I don't want an additional floor.

If your stairs are located on the top numbered floor of the plan and you wish to build them up to an attic loft or storage room, you will need to create a new numbered floor level above the stairs and create a room there - not on the Attic floor.