Display roof planes on all floors in one view

Elliot

I am having a hard time showing all the roof planes on both first and second floor in one view.  I am in CA13. I have  turned on the Framing, Roof Plan Layer Set,   or Roof Plan Layer Set. (I tried both).   I switch to second floor because most of the roof is on the second floor. Then I make sure the roof planes layer is on. I change the lines to solid and weight of 75. All that looks great.  But the roof planes for the first floor section of the house like the garage do not show. I turned on reference layers and the first floor walls all show up but not the roof planes.  I can switch back down to the first floor, and the roof planes all show up for just the first floor but not the second floor. I am sure this is just one of those simple clicks but I cannot find it.  

thanks guys

32 minutes ago, MikeCSD said:

You have to move all the roof planes to the same floor. select each roof plane then hit the button to move it up or down a floor.

...or put each floor's roof planes on their own layer and set up your ref sets to show desired roof planes on desired floors.     No need if the REF SET is set up properly. 

Just to add another bit of info, I have a separate Ref Set Called REF SET ROOF already set up to show roofs from both floors, either floor above or floor below. Also 5 other REF SETS for specific setups. FOUNDATION REF SET, REF OFF, REF SECOND FLOOR, REF SET ROOF, REF AS BUILT, REF SOCOND FLOOR. Each with specific layers for each condition.

Larry 

thanks for that video you made for me! That was way too cool. I will study the ref sets and start developing my own.  I knew there had to be a simple way so thanks so much

I think I learn something about Chief every time I turn on the program.