• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    robertbar
    Newest Member
    robertbar

• By HardWorkingBee
      Hi All,

I have what should be a very straightforward case: I have a rectangular existing house with a full basement and an addition with crawl space at a lower elevation, 7" in my case. Chief automatically lowers the stem wall of the main house for the stem wall segment between the addition and the main house while also creating a jog with the rim joists. I have not been able to figure out how to control this behavior. If I manually edit the stem wall in a section view then for some reason the sill plates disappear from that wall altogether...

X13 on MacBook Pro. Plan file attached.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Stem Wall Sample Plan.plan

• By PJS-59
      I have a question on creating wall caps.
      I have a plan with 12" Concrete Wall w/ 2" interior drywall for the basement exterior walls. 
      The 1st floor has 6" Siding exterior walls.
      I have a U-Shaped stairs from basement to 1st floor in back left corner.
      I want to place a wall cap over exposed basement wall where basement meets 1st floor in stair well.
      How do I handle this?  I can't find in documentation anywhere.

Sample 3D Picture with red arrow where I want "wall cap".

• By j2narchitecture
      Hello.

I am having issues with an exterior wall. 
      There seems to be a random base plate that is generating a few feet about the first floor level.
      It appears that this plate may also be causing an issue up at the second floor where there is a hole in the exterior wall.
      I try deleting the base plate, but I am not able to select.
      How can I fix this so that the exterior wall generates properly.
      Any feedback is appreciated.
      Thank you kindly. 

See the areas circled in orange on the attached photos.

Link to  PLAN FILE

• By LongTermDev
      I'm having an issue where the framing members for a flat roof (1/4" slope) over a porch are not displaying correctly in the cross section. My default setting for rafter size and the specification in the roof plane dialogue for that roof plane are set to 5 1/2", but it always draws the cross section as a 2x4. If I select any of the framing members individually and open the dialogue box, it says it's 5 1/2". The trusses and framing for the rest of the house all come in correctly. Any quick thoughts come to mind?

also, Is it better to upload a screen shot showing the problem or the whole file on here?

• By AKnightClark
      Brand new user here! First question: Is there a specific order in which the tutorial videos should be watched to learn with a better A to Z process? I'm watching a ton, but they are not in a helpful order, so I'm taking 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, making error that I have to correct, etc.

As for this particular topic, are there specific tutorials for creating a slab foundation that extends over a sloped terrain? I'm looking to make the footers, foundation walls, and slab. I've attached a screenshot from a CA video (unrelated) that shows the end result I'm looking for, as well as my work showing a floating slab.