Multiple devices - how to sync

ECSCAndy

CA working perfectly on office desktop.   I also have CA installed on another device at jobsite.   When I log out of desktop and onto jobsite device the settings are different.  Some actions I do on desktop are not available on jobsite.

How can I sync setting and preferences to be identical on both devices?

You have to customize the settings on both devices to match. 

My Chief files are located in the cloud, on OneDrive so my files are shared between my two devices.  My laptop screen is smaller than my desktop so I arranged toolbars as I wanted them to appear.  Then I go to the desktop and see how the toolbars appear there.  Continue to tweak as needed.

If your files are stored on each device, you can copy/paste files between the two devices to get a better starting point.  I suspect you'll still have to modify the toolbars due to the change in screen real estate.

The advantage of the cloud is if you make a change on one device, it'll be reflected on the other.  It takes some fussing, but can be done.

I've been doing this for years, but X11, I believe, was the version where cloud syncing toolbars and libraries became officially available. See https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03090/moving-library-content-to-the-cloud-or-other-custom-location.html I personally like Dropbox, because it has had the the fastest syncing, which is important if you have a very large User Library. I also keep my project files in Dropbox, so that I just open the other computer and everything I've done is already there, including new library objects I've created.