Framing Not Generating Correctly

ionkin_DESIGN

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

I am having issues with framing, where:

1. Flat Low Slope Truss is generating into the wall on the ends

2. Framing for openings doesn't generate correct framing for segments where I have windows directly above Man Doors and where windows are directly above Garage Doors.

3. Walls built framing to underside of roof plane and not to underside of trusses.

I tried to remove headers for man doors so that only top header to carry the load for both window and the door, rebuilt wall framing but it didn't help, so didn't remove headers for garage doors.

Can someone take a look and point me in the right direction with these issues please.

Det-Shop-Htd-Insl.plan

Then, you'll need to:

• turn on automatic wall framing
  • adjust upper window sizes
  • adjust all rough openings
  • adjust all header sizes
  • adjust all trimmer count
  • adjust ceiling plane

This is as close as Chief's auto framing will get. There's no auto count for king studs and trimmers can't auto extend down to the conc. slab.

image.thumb.png.f5d76250a38df473eeea96c0e871795e.png

Also, it'd be a good idea to start the plan on 0,0 on the grid and/or add a framing reference marker.

• Upvote 1

• Solution
5 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Thank you Robert! I am working through your suggestions to fix wall framing to start..

Here's your plan to help you out. Investigate to see what and how I've changed things. Keep in mind that if you alter any of these settings, the auto framing will adjust.

In other words, there's a reason for every change I made! :)

Det-Shop-Htd-Insl.plan

• Upvote 1

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the attached plan with changes. I've played around with my model while referring to your version and came to the following conclusions:

1. Added ceiling plane was causing issues with walls not framing correctly at the roof. I stretched it over back and front wall to resolve it.

2. Splitting walls (instead of using material region) was causing second issue with framing around openings.

3. Size of window above the garage door was causing additional issues with framing.

I got all these issues worked out now.

Much appreciated! 

• Like 1