Stair Railing and Wall Intersections

kristy3983

Doing an as-built so we can start a remodel and the staircase is enclosed for the upper portion but open at bottom. When the open railings meet the end of the wall, they cut off the sheetrock. I tried using to adjust the finishes on the end of the wall but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be great. I am sure it is something that is fairly simple. I have attached a pic and the file.

Stair Wall.PNG

SPRIESTERBACH_RESIDENCE.plan

@kristy3983 -

Try this suggestion. Can't guarantee it'll work...but, it worked for me in a test plan.

You can reverse either wall...the idea behind reversing the wall is to keep it from rejoining. It appears that using a single wall...one segment that is under the stair is causing the drywall to be "scraped" away at the end of the wall. 

2021-08-23_20-08-35.thumb.png.e06f09913826d4a789c36c1f682f5a7d.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, SNestor said:

@kristy3983 -

Try this suggestion. Can't guarantee it'll work...but, it worked for me in a test plan.

You can reverse either wall...the idea behind reversing the wall is to keep it from rejoining. It appears that using a single wall...one segment that is under the stair is causing the drywall to be "scraped" away at the end of the wall. 

2021-08-23_20-08-35.thumb.png.e06f09913826d4a789c36c1f682f5a7d.png

That is such a great idea! Much easier than drawing two additional thin segments and trying to match rise and run.