Roof Labels - X13 Added Background Fill - Now I can't see my Arrows

kylejmarsh

Somewhere along the way here I found a good roof label macro and modified it to fit my use - which was great up till now that there seems to be a roof label fill which is background color (white) but it covers up the arrow for the roof plane itself. Does anybody have this issue yet and how can we control the label background on a roof label? I haven't been able to find it.

1818380616_ScreenShot2021-08-16at10_22_33PM.thumb.png.9d9ba1d2183e6abd7a85b3467e7b92fd.png

Kyle you will likely need to use a Transparent Text Style with a contrasting text color to your roof plane fill but it seems that you also have an issue with your macro or it may just be your font. 

Place a couple of carriage returns after your macro in the roof label or build a "\n" or two into the macro.

Are you getting those results on a Mac ?   I was told it was not happening on Mac's.

The changes they made in X13 are likely technically correct but they simply do not work with the roof label.

Thank you thank you for sending the link to that other conversation - maybe I'll delete this one and jump in over there. I am on a Mac yes - I've been using the \n stack to get it just right - had it before so that the arrow was right smack in the middle of the text! looked so sweet. Ok I will check out that other discussion thanks again

3 minutes ago, kylejmarsh said:

I've been using the \n stack to get it just right - had it before so that the arrow was right smack in the middle of the text! looked so sweet.

That is most likely not possible any more because of the way they have it centered but give it a try so they have all the facts when you send it in.

Yeah the trick was to add an extra \n before everything else.

Sauce:

indx = $tree['roofplanes'].keys.find_index(id)

result = "\n"

result += areasq.to_s + " sq" +"\n"

result += pitch + "\n"

result += "\n"

result += "Eave: " + eave_fascia_length.to_s + "' " +"\n"

result += "Gable: " + gable_fascia_length.to_s + "' "

result