Virtual Reality

BruceKC

Does anyone know if there are training videos about using X13 and Virtual Reality headsets?  We got it to work with our Oculus headsets, and X13 is vastly improved over X12, but it is still fairly grainy and jittery compared to VR games etc.  We both have excellent video cards, so that isn't the problem.  We would like to offer VR to our clients, but this is still seems a bit too primitive to allow them to use it. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Jenn,

I'm sorry, I just saw your post, so please forgive my tardiness.  I didn't find any info on using the oculus, but I'm still looking so I'll reach out if I do.  I just replaced my computer ($$$$ OUCH  $$$$$), with a new desktop with top of the line video card, and exceed everything that Chief recommends, so I'll try the oculus soon and see if that makes a difference. 

• 4 weeks later...

I produced a 360 using rtrt set at 500 passes.. put it into a cheap google glass (using iPhone and clicking on glasses button)and had the framers on site viewed it.. they were amazed.

I have to believe a better vr glass would be better… 

but this view on these cheap glasses truly is still very good.. it really does represent design.

This model was not tweaked much.. I am sure the likes of Renee could fine tune more but I just exported 360 to try quickly on site.

https://accounts.chiefarchitect.com/360/view?share=408837380345528

360 rtrt 500 passes

• 6 months later...

So, we bought a Valve Index headset, upgraded the video card Nvidia 3080rtx, and the VR is much improved over Oculus, but still not good enough to show to my clients....Not sure what else I can do to improve...maybe  a Pimax?