Deleting Dimensions on Door Saved Plan View Deletes Dimensions on Elec. Saved Plan View

DeltaHome

Both Saved Plan View Specifications boxes are checked "Never Save"

I thought that the purpose of making a Saved Plan View was to isolate it from changes made elsewhere in the Plan file or in other Saved Plan Views.

Is this a misunderstanding?

Or is there a box I have not checked or a feature I have not activated?

Or does a Saved Plan View merely permit a Layer Set to be saved to that Saved Plan View but does not permit, say, the deletion of dimensions or objects on the Door Saved Plan View without deleting those dimensions or objects on the Elec. Saved Plan View?

58 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

Is this a misunderstanding?

NO , that is correct but it sounds like either the Plan View is setup incorrectly  ie did you duplicate the Electrical Plan View to make Door Plan view? and never Made a Door Dimension Default?  or perhaps you changed the Dimension default manually at some point via Active Defaults ? and forgot to change it back when placing Dims on the Door Plan.

M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

NO , that is correct but it sounds like either the Plan View is setup incorrectly  ie did you duplicate the Electrical Plan View to make Door Plan view? and never Made a Door Dimension Default?  or perhaps you changed the Dimension default manually at some point via Active Defaults ? and forgot to change it back when placing Dims on the Door Plan.

M.

Bingo!  Yes, I duplicated Electrical Plan View to make Door Plan View or vice versa.

How would I change one or more of the Saved Plan Views to isolate them now?

18 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

Bingo!  Yes, I duplicated Electrical Plan View to make Door Plan View or vice versa.

How would I change one or more of the Saved Plan Views to isolate them now?

Edit the Doors SPV , selected Defaults

Copy/create a Doors Layerset,

Cad Layer,

Text,

Dimensions,

etc 

etc ,

then at the Top it will allow you to Make a Doors Annotation/Default Set

so you have very specific Control of all Layers, more work but if you can't remember to Actively use and change the Active Defaults ,this is the best way..... so as not to get issues like currently

You do need to remember to swap views of course :) 

this is mine, to start with just make a new default copied from the Original and change things as you go / need to

I probably started with the Working Plan View and altered it accordingly

image.thumb.png.b0b4432b34e7eb1793bc43ed342477be.png                image.thumb.png.f525adaac61cca842597c74e08f717b1.png

• Like 1