Floor level won't stay changed.

BlackDiamond

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

I'm stumped....

I am working on a 4-plex on a sloped site so the floor levels of each unit are different. On the left end unit, when I try to change my standard basement floor level from -119 5/8" to -95 5/8" it works in all the 'rooms' but won't stay changed in the 1/2" space between the firring walls and the foundation walls. I've tried changing a firred wall to have no room definition so it included the 1/2" space but then the whole room goes back to the -199 5/8". I've tried everything I can think of and it just won't stay at -95 5/8".

I've moved the footings up to the proper location but as you can see in the .pdf view, the windows are 24" too low and the slab in that 1/2" space is 24" too low. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to appear accurately. I've included the plan file just in case. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

btw... I'm using CA Premier X12

firred space floor.pdf

Building 16-50 51 52 53.zip

• Solution

3 things to consider:

1. You can always select those tiny little 1/2" wide rooms and adjust the Structure settings for them.
  2. In order to get your walls to adjust properly, you'll need to open a bunch of them and check Default Wall Bottom Height.  Once you adjusted some of them you turned off the Auto behavior so they'll stay too tall even after you make the proper floor height changes till you fix that.
  3. You can set those furring walls to Furred Wall in their Structure settings which should alleviate the need for that extra room.

1 minute ago, BlackDiamond said:

Thanks so much. Worked like a charm. 

You're welcome.  Which one worked though?  Or did you do all 3?  I didn't actually make all the changes in your plan, but I'm pretty sure Item #3 would alleviate the need for Item #1.

Just now, Alaskan_Son said:

You're welcome.  Which one worked though?  Or did you do all 3?  I didn't actually make all the changes in your plan, but I'm pretty sure Item #3 would alleviate the need for Item #1.

#3 worked to bring up the 1/2" of slab floor height but then my walls bottoms were off. #2 worked for those. 

I've been using this program for 7 years and haven't even begun to use all the options and commands. I wasn't aware those were even available. I do now and know they'll be very helpful. I've been adjusting the wall heights manually. 

You learn something new every day!!!

Thanks again.

• Like 1