Dialog Number Styles Question

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hey all,

Just a question that's kind of been at the back of my mind. Looked around the forums here but I don't think I'm using the right language or I just can't find the answer.

Is there a way to set my dialog number styles (and to the lesser concern the angle styles too) to a different default? It always defaults back to "Fractional Inches" every time I reenter Chief and I almost exclusively prefer "Feet, Fractional Inches". Am I missing something in the defaults/preferences?

Chief Forum Ex..jpg

• Solution

You're not missing anything.  It's a capability some of us have requested.  Please consider sending in a request to Chief as well. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jcobbinhi
    Newest Member
    jcobbinhi

• By norryboy
      Has anyone else experienced cabinet reveals changing from X12 to X13? I have attached images from an identical plan that was created in X12 from a cabinet library I created. The X12 shows as I would expect. X13 shows as expected as well. The difference starts when inserting cabinets from the library I created into X13.
      Chief has changed/added some default settings. The overlays in X12 are in the Box Construction section of the defaults. The overlays in X13 are in the Drawer Face Item Specification.
      The cabinet in X13 had the overlay changed form the default 3/4" from X12 to 1/16" when inserted into X13. I'm guessing it's because the overlay defaults have been moved to the Drawer/Door face item specification.
      I really don't want to have to redo the entire cabinet library as there are hundreds of them. The reason the library was created is due to our cabinet supplier having specific cabinet callouts.

Thank you for any help.

• By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • By ChiefRosieRue
      I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you! 

• By Csnrv2019
      Friends I have done something to our program that I cannot seem to figure out in regards to our dimension settings and showing things by defaults and preferences, and I just want to reset everything! Basically, I would rather just start it all over and begin again fresh with the entire program to the defaults it came with new!

Can this be done? If so how?
      Should I just uninstall and reinstall?
      Thanks for your help.
    • By sascea
      Hi Charkitects,

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as global defaults in this program? For example, I would like to set defaults for cabinet materials and hardware finishes for all my projects, as I build spec. homes for a small company that has a specific style. Or the siding, for example. We're usually using the same standing seam metal on each house. How can I set CA to default to the same material for siding every time I start a new project? I'm probably missing something. Thanks!