Is an additional license a full license?

ADallas

If my architectural partner and I buy a full license and an additional license, will we have problems down the road? What if one of us wants to buy SSA? Do we have to manage both licenses in lock step, or can they diverge over time? Will ChiefArchitect contact only one of us with notices and upgrades? 

SSA comes with the license the 1st year so you will both get X13 but if you both don't get SSA in the future and thus do not have the same version

you will not be able to exchange plans from higher to lower versions ( no backwards compatibility)

To separate the Licenses you have to pay the going price difference at the time AFAIK , so about $900 today?

• Upvote 1

Thanks, lbuttery and Kbird1. I confirmed what you said with CA Sales just now. An additional license is, to some extent, a second-class citizen. It is "locked" to the primary, which can be awkward when partners split up. It's worth the extra money to avoid that, so my partner, who is 1,000 miles away, bought her own first-class license, as did I. I'm excited to join the CA family--it's too hard to make Revit work for simple Type V residential.

/alastair/