Change flooring in garage room type?

PMMully

Doing a plan with lots of modifications to an existing structure. I modeled a pre-existing existing edition as a garage room type to get the auto-dropdown of the floor. A portion of that preexisting addition was converted to a laundry room with the floor drop from the main house. I went in and changed the flooring in that room to a white tile but it is not showing up in the 3D views. It captures it in the materials section of the plan just fine.

I looked in the docs and did not see anything jump out at me regarding garages. Should I have created this a just another interior room and drop the floor?

It was not on in plan view, so I turned it on. In the camera view layer set it was already on. It is on in the camera view, and the rest of the interior rooms flooring is showing correctly. If I toggle the layer the interior flooring disappears as expected. But in this one room definition of garage type, the material is set to white tile, it does not render.

Well, I did the same thing, edited the room floor structure and it shows up just fine. So your post was extremely helpful. I should have noted in my original post that this whole plan is on a monolithic slab.

I do not think I have done a plan this way before (putting a laundry room in a pre-existing garage addition). But it seems based on both of our experience here, if you choose this route, adding floor structure detail is the key. I suppose the other method is to make it a standard room, and drop the floor, probably more advantageous now that I think about it.

In the older houses in FL, it is very common to have the laundry in the garage. That is even still done today in some lower ended starter homes in some areas. These "laundry areas" often get closed in at some point. Another common variant is the garage was originally a carport, with an enclosed laundry room, but still with a dropped floor. I just need to develop the best practice to address this due to its commonality in the area.