Recessed lights - vaulted ceiling dark

What am I doing wrong? In the physical based rendering, my recessed lighting doesn't look right. Also, the rope lighting under the wall cabinets are only lighting certain areas of the backsplash?

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.52.29 AM.png

18 minutes ago, since1937 said:

What am I doing wrong? In the physical based rendering, my recessed lighting doesn't look right. Also, the rope lighting under the wall cabinets are only lighting certain areas of the backsplash?

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.52.29 AM.png

You have 25 light sources from your rope lights but have a maximum of 20 lights enabled for this camera. Increase the number of maximum lights. In Rendering Technique Options, try checking "Improve Lighting Quality" under the Global Illumination Section

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

You have 25 light sources from your rope lights but have a maximum of 20 lights enabled for this camera. Increase the number of maximum lights. In Rendering Technique Options, try checking "Improve Lighting Quality" under the Global Illumination Section

Thank you for these recommendations!!

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

"Improve Lighting Quality" under the Global Illumination Section

How can I improve lighting in the corner near Refrigerator with the recessed lights to brighten it up?

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 12.30.31 PM.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    seanf123
    Newest Member
    seanf123

• By ChristinoDesign
      We're trying to figure out how to change the angle of pendent lights on vaulted ceilings. When we create the ceiling angle, the lights follow and aren't angled properly. How do we change the lights so they go vertical rather than at a tilt?
    • By ChiefArchitect
      The upstairs bedrooms have high vaulted ceilings and shed dormers to make room, allowing the big windows to invite lots of light.
    • By ChiefArchitect
      This bathroom is upstairs, tucked into a dormer. You can see the adjacent roofs in the mirror reflections.
      Reflections like these can be controlled in the Material Properties, and displayed using camera specifications. PBR views like this one do a good job representing reflections in mirrors, and also reflections on shiny surfaces like counters, porcelain, and even metal. Other benefits of this rendering technique are high quality shadows and lighting, all combined with real-time rendering. This means you can navigation your scenes in front of a client or home owner and it will look as good from each angle.
    • By ChiefArchitect
      The foyer space shares a wall with one of the bedroom spaces. For this option, the first floor plate height was lifted to 9', allowing possible room for transom windows. We set up the default window and door trim to include a custom lintel molding from the WindsorONE catalog, and also used matching base molding to create a consistent look.