Possible Graphics Card Issue

meowzoemeow

Hello! 

I'd like to start out by saying I am pretty new to chief and I am using chief architect on a PC when I usually work on a Mac, so please explain things in the most basic way possible :) 

A week ago my chief files were perfectly fine but all of the sudden it looks as if my textures have been corrupted. My 3D renderings look fine when I turn off textures, but when I turn textures on, some of my objects turn into black holes. Some of the things are imported from 3D Warehouse, but others, like the default siding are not. If you zoom in close enough to an object though, the texture appears. I checked on here and someone else seemed to have the same problem, but they fixed it by turning off the global lighting setting but that's not fixing it for me. I reached out to my teacher and they said it  sounds like a graphics card issue and to ask on here. I'm attaching some screenshots of my project to show what's happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure if this is needed, but im working on an HP Envy Laptop

Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) i&-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50GHz

Installed RAM: 12.0GB

Screenshot 2021-04-24 185704.png

Screenshot 2021-04-24 185726.png

Screenshot 2021-04-24 185749.png

Screenshot 2021-04-24 185811.png

10 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Most likely your graphics card but you forgot to tell us those specifications.

I have Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce MX330 

my computer is saying both are working properly

I am not sure that the Iris meets Chief's requirements.

Be sure that you are using the MX330 as it should be able to do the job for basic rendering.

What does it say in Preferences > Video Card Status ?

11 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I am not sure that the Iris meets Chief's requirements.

Be sure that you are using the MX330 as it should be able to do the job for basic rendering.

What does it say in Preferences > Video Card Status ?

Thank you for that link! Turning on texture suppression worked. Im pretty sure I tried that a couple of days ago when I was also playing around with global lighting and it didnt work but maybe I just didnt give my computer long enough to refresh the view. Here's my video card status also. Thank you again!

Screenshot 2021-05-02 125101.png