Trey ceiling help needed

CheapskateDIYer

I'm designing a bonus/family room above a tray ceiling in an attic space. My overall goal with Chief Architect is to visualize the amount of head clearance I will have for each area I plan to finish in the attic in 3D. In order to do that I need to make sure I have correctly accounted for the space between the main floor and the attic. The trey was built using 2x12s around the perimeter and then 2x12s were run across it like ceiling joists. So, the total height between the floors is 22.5" (i.e. two 2x12s stacked on top of each other and excludes the dry wall). How can I properly design this trey in Chief Architect? I clicked "recess into ceiling" and got an error "failed to construct the trey ceiling..." (see attachments).

Technical details:

I used the trey ceiling wizard to create the trey

CAP X12 build: 22.3.0.55OSX

Full disclosure: I just discovered Chief Architect 4 days ago. So, this is probably a really easy fix, but I just can't figure it out.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.52.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.51.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.47.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.42.31 AM.png

56 minutes ago, CheapskateDIYer said:

The trey was built using 2x12s around the perimeter and then 2x12s were run across it like ceiling joists. So, the total height between the floors is 22.5" (i.e. two 2x12s stacked on top of each other and excludes the dry wall).

That means that the ceiling height is the underside of the top 2x12s and the trey is dropped down to the height of the lower 2x12s.