Trying to create a decorative panel

ricatic

Well, I took the plunge and upgraded to Premiere X12...I have this project that requires the barn look...it gets windows in the short upper wall...Over the garage the windows will not work with the attic trusses. I am trying to build a deco panel to add architectural detail to the areas above the garage door. I have visited the KB and looked at video. I have tried multiple times to build the panel using a CAD elevation and polylines per KB...not successful at all...the panel shown in the snip is just cad boxes ...hours later I come hat in hand to the experts who help so often. I have attached the plan and a snippet of what I am looking for...Help please...

Regards

image.thumb.png.b614c9e2459debca31481f31433ab527.png

Rick

Jim Berry High Wall Rev Truss plan.plan

Eric...I edited my post before I saw your reply...the cad boxes in the snip show what I am looking for or similar...I have tried to apply the techniques shown in the KB but end up with a panel only 1 ply showing and attached to an interior wall...attempts to reposition even the one ply and smaller panel to outside wall fail...I have rebuilt the panel 3 times and no success...

Regards

Just now, ricatic said:

Eric...I edited my post before I saw your reply...the cad boxes in the snip show what I am looking for or similar...I have tried to apply the techniques shown in the KB but end up with a panel only 1 ply showing and attahed to an interior wall...attempts to reposition even the one ply and smaller panel to outside wall fail...I have rebuilt the panel 3 times and no success...

Regards

Not 100% sure I am following what you are trying to accomplish.  Is it just a decorative panel?  If so use a Cabinet and customize it to the sizes you want at say 3/4" deep.  Same idea of doing wainscot inside.

Ryan

It will be an applique panel simulating the look of the windows...attic trusses over the garage eliminate windows without some fancy truss/conventional framing gymnastics. There will be 3panels...one over the 8' OH door and 2 over the 16' door

Regards

Just now, ricatic said:

Ryan

It will be an applique panel simulating the look of the windows...attic trusses over the garage eliminate windows without some fancy truss/conventional framing gymnastics. There will be 2 panels...one over each OH door

Regards

I would recommend using a cabinet to model it then.  There are other ways to do it manually placing trim and material regions but a cabinet will be faster in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, rgardner said:

I would recommend using a cabinet to model it then.  There are other ways to do it manually placing trim and material regions but a cabinet will be faster in my opinion.

Done...using cabinets...that was easy after trying to model it with trim etc...changed the garage doors and front door to cross bucks and it looks good...

image.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ricatic said:

Done...using cabinets...that was easy after trying to model it with trim etc...changed the garage doors and front door to cross bucks and it looks good...

image.png

Glad you liked that approach.  It can be pretty fast.