Established in 1989, Crossroads Contracting is an award-winning Design/Build Remodeling Firm located in Londonderry, NH. The firm helps people get greater enjoyment and value from their homes by providing a comprehensive range of remodeling services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, Drafting Designer with excellent attention to detail to be part of our team. We are looking for someone with an established track record of creating functional and compelling projects. You will be working with individuals who have a passion for exceeding the customer's expectations. We're not just another Home Improvement Contractor; we are known in the community as a company with the highest standards of work and an undisputed reputation for Customer Service.
The Drafting Designer is responsible for creating all drawings from the initial as-built drawings through the final working drawings on residential remodeling projects during the design/build process. All projects are custom and will vary in scope from a single room remodel, additions, to entire house remodels. The Drafting Designer will collaborate with the Remodeling Consultants to create compelling and functional conceptual designs that achieve the customers’ desired goals while working within a given budget. The Drafting Designer will work with the Design Consultant to produce detailed working drawings that include all of the customers selected items as well as all the details needed so that the carpenters can build directly from the plans without needing to reference the written proposal.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential drafting and design of projects.
· Proficient in 3-D rendering programs, preferably Chief Architect.
· Excellent computer skills and proficient with the MS Office Suite.
· Ability to be creative in order to develop and design a wide variety of projects.
· Understanding of current residential construction methods, code and terminology.
· Organization and time management skills, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
· Travel required. Employee must own a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license with insurance coverage.
· Continually enhance personal and professional development.
Not required, but nice to have:
· Proficient in 20/20 cabinet software.
· Multiple years’ experience designing and drafting with a design/build remodeling firm.
· Award winner for project design.
· Experience with project management software such as BuilderTrend or Co-Construct.
· Experience or certifications in Universal Design for residential applications.
· Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) and National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is a plus.
Compensation will be Salary and based on experience.
Crossroads offers a great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Aflac, Retirement Plan and Quarterly bonuses!
High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter today! Nick@crossroadscontracting.com
I am doing a remodel and have created a separate existing building file and am using it as an underlay to show where walls are being removed:
BUT, when I export the views to layout, they all default to the last view I export. Here I export the first floor:
So far so good. Here are the settings:
Then it all goes awry. This is what happens when I export the second floor:
And now the third...
This only happens with this one plan. Could using the plan reference be messing things up? Has anyone seen this before?
Chief Premier X12
Intel Core i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz
64.0 GB RAM
64 Bit OS x64 based processor
Windows 10 Pro
Great opportunity to join the team of one of the area's most well-established and respected custom and luxury home builders! Located in Aiken, South Carolina, this is an in-office position; remote work is not available.
In this position, you will assist in architectural plan design and drawing creation. Chief Architect software experience is a must.
· Use Chief Architect to create a construction drawing set from a plan design set
· Understanding of residential building code compliance; general construction knowledge
· Creation of lot-specific drawings for field construction use
· Review contract selections for inclusion on field drawings set
· Create details as needed for clarity on construction drawing set
· Assist in the creation of new library plan design and plan creation
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
In-Office position, Remote opportunity unavailable
The ideal candidate will possess excellent follow-through skills, have an eye for detail, and well versed in Chief Architect software.
Bachelors or Certificate
4+ years of residential design experience is required.
Job Type: Full-time, in-office. Remote work is not available.
We have limited traffic through the office as well as alternate methods for transferring hard copies of documents. Guests to our office are encouraged to wear masks if they feel comfortable doing so. All employee workspaces are socially distanced.
We're a residential remodeling company outside Boston MA. Looking for part-time Chief Architect drafting help: primarily with existing conditions (from Matterport scans or My Measures), framing, and design details. Sustainable building Remote work is fine; we can meet via Zoom as needed. Email Tova@steveworks.com if interested.
Looking to partner with an Architect in the Maryland area to complete a custom home design and bring it to permit in Howard County Maryland