Seeking someone to draw my plans for permitting in WA state

I am looking for someone to draft a complete set of plans for my small 1 1/2 story house. I have Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and the plans are already drawn up. The only thing that needs a little help is the roof (11/12 pitch) with a dormer (6/12 pitch). I'll need elevation plans, floor plan, foundation plan, floor framing plan, roof framing plan, wall cross-section, electrical plans that I've already done. I can't attach the Chief Architect File because it's too big but these will give you an idea of the project. Could you quote me a price and timeline?

warren house front.JPG

Warren Street Home fl. 2.pdf

Warren Street Home.pdf

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Paul_A
    Newest Member
    Paul_A

• By Pav-Arch
      We're hiring for a Full-Time Architectural position for residential remodeling & new construction using Chief Architect in Downton Chicago & surrounding Chicagoland Suburbs. It's still difficult to find people with Chief Architect experience; so I thought this forum may be a good place to look. See job posting link below:

https://www.indeed.com/job/architect-residentialdrafting-design-39fd1d37e5b4fefb
      Job details
      Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time   Full Job Description
      Looking for immediate architectural assistance with drafting architectural plans for obtaining building permits on primarily residential remodeling and new-construction projects throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
      Drawings will be developed using the Chief Architect Software.

Job Duties will include:
      - Taking field measurements and photographs of existing conditions
      - Drafting & development of existing, demolition, and proposed floor plans using Chief Architect
      - Drafting & Development of Exterior and Interior Elevations
      - Basic level drafting and design for Structural and MEP Systems
      - Updating drawings from redlines provided by Lead Architect's Review

Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
      - Verifiable Experience using the Chief Architect software & ability to provide samples of work using the program.
      - 2+ years experience with residential remodeling/construction in a professional setting.
      - Ability to visit project sites in-person to perform field measures for existing conditions.
      - General knowledge/understanding of local building codes
      - Organized, reliable, detail orientated, and good communication skills
      - Ability to commit to deadlines

Preferred Attributes for Candidates:
      - Experience using the Chief Architect software in a professional setting.
      - Completed college degree in Architecture
      - Completion of formal Chief Architect training program
      This position provides a flexible work environment allowing you to have flexible hours, the future potential to work remotely (with the exception of site visits) and also has a lot of room for potential growth within the company!
      This position will qualify to provide AXP hours to be used towards Licensing through the NCARB program.

Please provide a copy of your resume, contact phone number, email address, and samples of work.

Job Type: Full-time
      Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year

Benefits:
      401(k) Flexible schedule Paid time off  
      Supplemental Pay:
      Bonus pay Commission pay  

Education:
      Bachelor's (Preferred)  
      Experience:
      Residential Architecture: 2+ years Chief Architect: 1+ year (Preferred)  
      Please email: info@pav-arch.com with your resume and work samples if you are interested in the position.

• By Ncouture
      Drafting Designer
      Established in 1989, Crossroads Contracting is an award-winning Design/Build Remodeling Firm located in Londonderry, NH. The firm helps people get greater enjoyment and value from their homes by providing a comprehensive range of remodeling services.

We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, Drafting Designer with excellent attention to detail to be part of our team. We are looking for someone with an established track record of creating functional and compelling projects. You will be working with individuals who have a passion for exceeding the customer's expectations. We're not just another Home Improvement Contractor; we are known in the community as a company with the highest standards of work and an undisputed reputation for Customer Service. 

GENERAL DESCRIPTION:   
      The Drafting Designer is responsible for creating all drawings from the initial as-built drawings through the final working drawings on residential remodeling projects during the design/build process. All projects are custom and will vary in scope from a single room remodel, additions, to entire house remodels. The Drafting Designer will collaborate with the Remodeling Consultants to create compelling and functional conceptual designs that achieve the customers’ desired goals while working within a given budget. The Drafting Designer will work with the Design Consultant to produce detailed working drawings that include all of the customers selected items as well as all the details needed so that the carpenters can build directly from the plans without needing to reference the written proposal. 

SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
      ·         Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential drafting and design of projects.
      ·         Proficient in 3-D rendering programs, preferably Chief Architect.
      ·         Excellent computer skills and proficient with the MS Office Suite.
      ·         Ability to be creative in order to develop and design a wide variety of projects.
      ·         Understanding of current residential construction methods, code and terminology.
      ·         Organization and time management skills, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
      ·         Travel required.  Employee must own a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license with insurance coverage.
      ·         Continually enhance personal and professional development.

Not required, but nice to have:
      ·         Proficient in 20/20 cabinet software. 
      ·         Multiple years’ experience designing and drafting with a design/build remodeling firm.
      ·         Award winner for project design.
      ·         Experience with project management software such as BuilderTrend or Co-Construct.
      ·         Experience or certifications in Universal Design for residential applications. 
      ·         Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) and National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is a plus.
      Compensation will be Salary and based on experience.
      Crossroads offers a great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Aflac, Retirement Plan and Quarterly bonuses!
      High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred.
      Please send your resume and cover letter today!  Nick@crossroadscontracting.com
    • By Sunnyfields
      I am doing a remodel and have created a separate existing building file and am using it as an underlay to show where walls are being removed: 
      BUT, when I export the views to layout, they all default to the last view I export. Here I export the first floor:

So far so good. Here are the settings:

Then it all goes awry. This is what happens when I export the second floor:

And now the third...

This only happens with this one plan. Could using the plan reference be messing things up? Has anyone seen this before? 

Chief Premier X12
      Intel Core i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz
      64.0 GB RAM
      64 Bit OS x64 based processor
      Windows 10 Pro

• By DesignerBuilders
      Great opportunity to join the team of one of the area's most well-established and respected custom and luxury home builders! Located in Aiken, South Carolina, this is an in-office position; remote work is not available.
      Responsibilities:
      In this position, you will assist in architectural plan design and drawing creation. Chief Architect software experience is a must.
      · Use Chief Architect to create a construction drawing set from a plan design set
      · Understanding of residential building code compliance; general construction knowledge
      · Creation of lot-specific drawings for field construction use
      · Review contract selections for inclusion on field drawings set
      · Create details as needed for clarity on construction drawing set
      · Assist in the creation of new library plan design and plan creation
      Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
      In-Office position, Remote opportunity unavailable
      Skills:
      The ideal candidate will possess excellent follow-through skills, have an eye for detail, and well versed in Chief Architect software.
      Education:
      Bachelors or Certificate
      Experience:
      4-7 years
      Qualifications:
      4+ years of residential design experience is required.
      Job Type: Full-time, in-office.  Remote work is not available.
      COVID-19 considerations:
      We have limited traffic through the office as well as alternate methods for transferring hard copies of documents. Guests to our office are encouraged to wear masks if they feel comfortable doing so. All employee workspaces are socially distanced.
    • By Steveworks
      We're a residential remodeling company outside Boston MA.  Looking for part-time Chief Architect drafting help: primarily with existing conditions (from Matterport scans or My Measures), framing, and design details. Sustainable building Remote work is fine; we can meet via Zoom as needed. Email Tova@steveworks.com if interested.