Looking for direction to the process of (stacking the Reference Display)

Dougak

In my studies, I have read a couple of documents as well as watched videos to correct this situation. I change the reference display to show a different plan and the (referenced display) is not on the same axis (x,y,z). At first, I didn't think it was working and then zoomed out and..., way up and to the left, there it is. If memory serves me, this is set at the beginning of the plan,  I have been searching around and can't find the information to guide me through this change. In advance thank you for your time in replying. (I know, I hate dumb questions) maybe I am not using the correct lingo (in the search tabs) to find the articles again. Again thank you

screen capture non stacking refrence.PNG

If you are using a different plan for your reference display, and you want it to line up with the current plan, you will need to make sure they are using the same origin.

The easiest way to do this is to just use save as to create the different versions of each plan (and then don't move anything).

How I would handle this in your case is I would use the Input Point tool to put a point at 0,0 for the origin.  I would then use the Edit Area (All Floors) tool and the Point to Point move tool to locate the corner of the plan at the origin.  Then do the same thing for the other plan and they should then line up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1