Larry-LIOB

Metel frame ,all clear glass wall cabinet . Stove

I'm in the process of designing a High end Kitchen  I would like to draw a custom Wall cabinet . The cabinet was sent to be the Interior designer. I would like to produce this on my plan/ Camera views. The cabinet complete Out side perimeter framing would be 3/4"x 3/4" iron L stock ( So I conceal the shelf adjustments in the corners)_ Frame  filled in with tempered   Clear glass in  back and sides . Doors to be inset  with a 1/2"  x1/4" L around perimeter of door with welded corners with welded hinges.    Has and one else ran into this  I sure would like to hear from you Thank Larry One other request  I'm look for a   LA Cornue 65" G4 Chateau 165 Image  to drop in to my drawing .  

Make it,,, no magic button to do it. All custom work.

4 hours ago, Larry-LIOB said:

I would like to draw a custom Wall cabinet

Needed a break from structure DBXs.

Attached is one way.

You can deal with making the hinges and hardware, adjust materials as you wish. Parts included to give you an idea of how this one is done.

image.thumb.png.03f626b1e033c1340c0166be74eeac63.png

Can't help on the range but be warned if you find a symbol of any of the French ranges and simply import it your plan will likely slow to a crawl. To make it almost manageable need to use a mesh reduction program on it AND find a way to delete the insides. An image is fine, likely on the web.

Glass w al frame cab.plan

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mark  for the help I'm new at this  custom  building of items.  The file it seems I need to upgrade from Premium 10 X to Current to open the file . Thanks Larry

23 minutes ago, Larry-LIOB said:

The file it seems I need to upgrade from Premium 10 X to Current to open the file

Please check your messages. Having a complete signature helps keep this from happening.

15 hours ago, Larry-LIOB said:

I'm new at this  custom  building of items.  The file it seems I need to upgrade from Premium 10 X to Current to open the file .

Either download the trial version, get the X12 Client Viewer (or best of all ugrade it's worth it IMO) In any case you can open things and check out how it's been done and duplicate it in X10. AFAIK all of this works in 10 but been a while and not on my machines.

You will want to open the cabinet DBX and check construction and each face, on the one with openings top and bottom of the front check the shelves for the door ...

for each symbol Open Symbol checking the origins and stretch planes,

NOTE Some of the symbols have at least one size locked and are specific to a cabinet depth

then open help OR check in the reference manual about creating symbols, stretch plans/zones, and symbol origins. When I was learning symbols I printed off those pages and kept them handy.

Follows a simpler method, not quite as accurate, aluminum corners are solid instead of "L",  but maybe a better place to start with no experience..

IF you don't need glass top this is a little easier and you can use a wall cabinet. IF you need a glass top you have to start with a base cabinet.

image.thumb.png.60307098eeec6dcc6d03f219dc6ac25f.png

Since there is no wood grain you can make the door symbol from a countertop. The shelves and the door symbols used for the top and bottom can also be made from a custom countertop as a start.

AL frame glass cab 2.plan