Resource for Furniture Style Vanity Cabinets Modern and Transitional

MycaBrown

Hi, Im new to this forum so if anyone could respond to just let me know it was posted and seen would be great.  I am looking for modern and transitional style furniture vanity cabinets, both small for powder room and larger for master baths.  Customer Support suggested Kohler catalogue but not much there. Any resources you know of with images in the proper file format to import would be GREATLY appreciated!  

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, MycaBrown said:

Hi, Im new to this forum so if anyone could respond to just let me know it was posted and seen would be great.  I am looking for modern and transitional style furniture vanity cabinets, both small for powder room and larger for master baths.  Customer Support suggested Kohler catalogue but not much there. Any resources you know of with images in the proper file format to import would be GREATLY appreciated!  

Thanks. 

Generally use one or two that I have made using the cabinet tools and saved into my library.  Seems like I have seen a couple in a bonus catalog and a couple in Kohler.  You can of course go to 3d warehouse or one of the other sites and download a model but they tend to be very heavy in surfaces so they usually slow the plan file down a bit.  

Btw welcome to the forum!  If you would be so kind to fill out your signature so that when you ask future questions everyone knows what software and hardware you are working with it greatly helps everyone.

Hi, thank you so much for responding to my question about Furniture vanities.  I do not know where to fill out my signature?  Please advise?  Also, you stated you I can look for images on 3D warehouse "or one of the other sites".  Could you send me a list of the 3D imaging sites you think are the best?  Or just all the ones you know of?  I had never heard of this and will be helpful!  

Thank you!! 

• 2 months later...

Hey Mark Mc

Thank you so much for adding those vanity models - will drop into my library!

Sweet!

Makes me realize that if I need to "double down" there may be folks out there that could create a 3d models much quicker than I can - I'm still a slug with CA, and hope to continue to get better.

Here's a stupid one that always has stumped me - how to insert a "closet rod" into my upper cabinet (I love creating wet hang above side by side w/d with clients, they love em.  I know you can probably create a 3d "tube" but it would sure be nice if CA had a resource that was a rod and and not a rod and shelf for dummies like me.  I've actually forced that  into a cabinet as you did the ladder shelf.

To be clear - this is why I moved to CA in the first place - the point and shoot aspect.  Everyone else in our company uses VW, and I find it nasty to create quick and simple concepts.

So please forgive me for trying to make it idiot proof - ha ha .  Note I am well aware who is who - ha ha.

rgardner:  thanks for being a kind and patient moderator and source of knowledge.  Well explained.

PS, only 4 months late to this discussion......no need to reply.

42 minutes ago, StepOneDesign said:

how to insert a "closet rod" into my upper cabinet

Place a closet rod in your plan, grab it and hold CTRL or CMD (pc vs. mac) and drag it into the Cabinet or use point to point to move it where it would be in the cabinet.  Open it to set height where you want it.

• 2 months later...