Sign in to follow this  
MycaBrown

Resource for Furniture Style Vanity Cabinets Modern and Transitional

Hi, Im new to this forum so if anyone could respond to just let me know it was posted and seen would be great.  I am looking for modern and transitional style furniture vanity cabinets, both small for powder room and larger for master baths.  Customer Support suggested Kohler catalogue but not much there. Any resources you know of with images in the proper file format to import would be GREATLY appreciated!  

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, MycaBrown said:

Hi, Im new to this forum so if anyone could respond to just let me know it was posted and seen would be great.  I am looking for modern and transitional style furniture vanity cabinets, both small for powder room and larger for master baths.  Customer Support suggested Kohler catalogue but not much there. Any resources you know of with images in the proper file format to import would be GREATLY appreciated!  

Thanks. 

Generally use one or two that I have made using the cabinet tools and saved into my library.  Seems like I have seen a couple in a bonus catalog and a couple in Kohler.  You can of course go to 3d warehouse or one of the other sites and download a model but they tend to be very heavy in surfaces so they usually slow the plan file down a bit.  

Btw welcome to the forum!  If you would be so kind to fill out your signature so that when you ask future questions everyone knows what software and hardware you are working with it greatly helps everyone.

Hi, thank you so much for responding to my question about Furniture vanities.  I do not know where to fill out my signature?  Please advise?  Also, you stated you I can look for images on 3D warehouse "or one of the other sites".  Could you send me a list of the 3D imaging sites you think are the best?  Or just all the ones you know of?  I had never heard of this and will be helpful!  

Thank you!! 

7 hours ago, MycaBrown said:

I do not know where to fill out my signature?  Please advise? 

You account settings-https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/settings/ then select Signature

12 hours ago, MycaBrown said:

I am looking for modern and transitional style furniture vanity cabinets,

Learn how to make them in Chief instead, it will save you time in the long run and the skills will be useful elsewhere.

image.thumb.png.753d11f2acff7c1fc14782430fbb37e9.png

These were made in 1/2 hour (including creating/adjusting symbols and it's early so had to re-adjust symbols a few times, more coffee please) Symbols are-1 cabinet door to look like two drawers, adjust one leg symbol, ladder shelf from scratch set as cabinet door, adjusted ladder shelf as fixture interior for variation.

I've included the parts and the symbols and show two ways to do the ladder shelf (there are others including brute force:)

Spend some time opening the cabinet DBX's and check tabs to see what is where and for the loose symbols "Open Symbol" and check panels; then read up on symbols, stretch planes, origins. (it's always possible that one of the symbols placed on the floor needs adjustment if I put it there before I got the origin correct :->

Vanities.plan

8 hours ago, MycaBrown said:

I do not know where to fill out my signature?

Please check your messages -- mail icon at the top of the page.