Wall Joining Gone Wrong

Really

Please see attached to better explain the problem.

Please provide a layer or Wall type to make this work correctly.

The Beam is to move to or over the horizontal wall as shown for the raised entry.

The little wall disappears and the angled wall merges with Pony wall.

Maybe I'm missing a button or small tip, that will fix this.

Thank you all that help!

post-557-0-05162100-1394230875_thumb.jpg

post-557-0-29266400-1394230886_thumb.jpg

post-557-0-21021200-1394230894_thumb.jpg

post-557-0-55932600-1394230900_thumb.jpg

If I understand what you want correctly, you can use attic walls for that, or you can make that a room with a low ceiling height/ roof height. I assume those are invisible walls below. You may need to turn off auto attic walls and create your own manually, to get them to stick.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    organiccrack
    Newest Member
    organiccrack

• By marlem2000
      I started working on a wall niche thinking I wouldn’t have any problem but the more I walk, the more doubts I get.
      Here they go a good bunch of questions related to this:

- If I remove the frame of the wall niche I get a brown texture that I want to replace by the one I used on the floor of the room. How can I expand that one inside the niche?
      - Then, is it possible to change the color of the wall niche inside (not the whole wall)?
      - The same way, is it possible to change the color of part of the wall?
      - Now related to the cross section view, it’s almost impossible to select some objects because there are other elements in front of them. How can I do that? And, at the same time, why some objects aren’t visible in this view?
      I know; too many questions. Sorry!

• By marlem2000
      Hello!
      I hope everybody is enjoying this year that’s ending.
      I’d like making a question before 2023 comes. Is there a way to make some kind of “up holes” in a wall in order to set some puck lights up too?
      First, I tried with a wall niche but it’s too thin. I don’t know if I’ll have to use a pony wall or other but I have never worked with them so I’m feeling a bit lost. Any idea?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

• By MN_JohnH
      I can't figure out why my walls are not meeting the roof.
      I run into this a lot and usually finagle walls by puling on their handles etc but changing from gable wall to hip wall etc seems to make no difference in how the wall acts.
      I just want them to act like when I first drew them where they just automatically connect with the roof.

plan.plan
    • By KimJansen
      Dear CHIEFERS, can someone please advise me on how to create new foundations that will then be the default foundations - as shown in attached image.

• By Emma04
      I use Chief architect pro x14. Is there a way to lock wall length once done with imputing all your walls? Every time I try and use the room divider tool my wall always changes lengths; I thinks its just because of the angle I watched a video on how to fix it and was just wondering if there an option to lock your walls from the dimensions changing and not just being able to select them because of the active layer display . I'm new to Chief architect and when I used Revit it had a lock constraint next to the dimensions line, so I never had this problem before. Does Chief Architect not have this as a feature?