robdwelle

Changing material properties on one wall changes a number of walls

Hello,

I am having a problem where I select a single wall.  I change the material properties on that one wall.  And a bunch of other walls on the same floor change to the default setting.  It's very frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

1 minute ago, robdwelle said:

I change the material properties

What properties are you changing and how are you changing them?

Have you reviewed the articles and videos on the Chief website and/or YouTube channel that cover materials?

And please check your messages.

I open the one selected wall - select materials - and I change the exterior surface material from the default material (natural color siding) to a different color siding.  These are both in the "Plan material" section.  When I do this several other wall segments on the same floor change to the default material (natural color siding).  I am using version x12.

thanks,

robert

I see odd things like this all the time, but it's difficult to comment without your plan file.

If you attach it, and identify the wall you are changing and the problems walls, I'll take a look. The plan cannot be open in Chief when you attach.

Here is the file...I was able to cut it down below 25MB....I am just using it to create renderings so there are no interior walls.  The problem is on the third floor.  I point out the walls in the file...but it seems to be a moving a target.  If you can't open it...I can send it to you directly if you prefer.

Appreciate your help.

robert

error file.plan

I'm not seeing a problem.

What are you trying to do -- just change a few walls?

Have you considered painting the material on instead of opening the wall?