David_Montreal

Handrail width modification when using Railing Wall Type

Hello,

I have noticed that the GUI is a little different for Railings that are on stairs/landings and Railings that are a wall type. I cannot figure out how to change the handrail width when using a railing wall type. Stairs railings do not have this issue as the staircase has a Handrail Width attribute on the Railing tab. When using a railing wall type, there is no railing tab and I cannot find a place to set/modify the Handrail Width.

Thanks for helping.

- David

Please check your messages.

7 minutes ago, David_Montreal said:

When using a railing wall type, there is no railing tab and I cannot find a place to set/modify the Handrail Width.

Railing walls do not have handrails. Are you asking about the top rail?

I believe if you open the railing wall dialog and review the options and settings, you can answer your own question.

20 hours ago, David_Montreal said:

there is no railing tab and I cannot find a place to set/modify the Handrail Width.

Try the (Railing) Wall Definition being used , it is often Interior 4 by default  so 4 1/2" wide.

( the general Tab should show this ? but I prefer to make a new definition if needed,

as Chief will do it Auto and give it a name like Interior 4-2  which isn't very descriptive)

M.