Material List Organization

skoz44

Hi,

I'm trying to organize my materials and material list and have run into a few items I'm hoping can be resolved.

• Insulation - the default insulation in CA shows you the number of 12 x 16 x 48" batts.  I'd like to know the total SF of the insulation.  I copied the CA insulation to my own folder and changed the Materials List Calculation to Area.  It nows give me the SF that I want, but the insulation is no longer listed under Insulation in the Material List, it is listed under Wallboard.  Anybody know how to correct this?
    • For that matter, most of my drywall shows up under Wallboard like it should, but I have a small amount that shows up under Siding.  How do I control what heading/ID a material will fall under?
  • Cabinets and Countertops - I'd like to list all my cabinets individually, but then my total countertop to SF.  Is there a way to separate the two?
  • Eliminate From Categories - how to prevent CA from showing
  • Sub Category - what is this column???

Thanks

19 hours ago, skoz44 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to organize my materials and material list and have run into a few items I'm hoping can be resolved.

• Insulation - the default insulation in CA shows you the number of 12 x 16 x 48" batts.  I'd like to know the total SF of the insulation.  I copied the CA insulation to my own folder and changed the Materials List Calculation to Area.  It nows give me the SF that I want, but the insulation is no longer listed under Insulation in the Material List, it is listed under Wallboard.  Anybody know how to correct this?
    • For that matter, most of my drywall shows up under Wallboard like it should, but I have a small amount that shows up under Siding.  How do I control what heading/ID a material will fall under?
  • Cabinets and Countertops - I'd like to list all my cabinets individually, but then my total countertop to SF.  Is there a way to separate the two?
  • Eliminate From Categories - how to prevent CA from showing
  • Sub Category - what is this column???

Thanks

1) In the material list change "=automatic_count" to "=automatic_count.to_f * 5.34" [without quotes] and change formatting to SQ FT.

Where 5.34 = 16x48/144

2)  Eliminate From Categories - how to prevent CA from showing Sub Category - what is this column???

Most brutal way possible - select your column, object properties> components and click delete [don't worry the circle thingy reverts back]

or you can change the category.

3) Create a polyline and get to to display sq ft in place of the countertop