srjbb97

Possible Roof Related Question

Hello,

I am still learning this software and I am wondering how I can remove the additional dashed lines and walls that pop up on the floor plan after roof planes are created?

I have attached a picture and circled the dashed lines as a reference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Shonna Johnson

Chief Architect Premier X12

question-3.pdf

3 minutes ago, srjbb97 said:

Chief Architect Premier X12

Please update your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

And please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

22 minutes ago, srjbb97 said:

how I can remove the additional dashed lines

These look like ceiling break lines, you can turn off their layer if you don't want to see them.

breaklines.jpg

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    giabaogroup2012
    Newest Member
    giabaogroup2012

• By kylejmarsh
      When I multiple select roof planes, I am given the option to change their baseline height or their pitch, and nothing else. So I have to go into each roof plane and set it's fascia height individually - which stinks, partly because of CA's dialogue-box heavy interface. If I have to open up a dang dialog box, can't I at least have the option to override all and set the fascia and pitch or ridge and pitch, etc. for all the roof planes selected?

This is a larger part of the underlying issue, which is that CA needs to invest in a GUI redesign because this one is so clunky and cumbersome. Please Chief, please. Please.

• By Ridge_Runner
      I have struggled with this problem for some time. When I send views to Layout, I will sometimes have a difficult time "picking" a line to edit (see attached view). By hit-and-miss I am able to select it off to the left from where it shows in the view. I could never determine why or what causes it to happen until today. I have sent countless views back to layout just so I could edit them - sometimes! By chance, I discovered today, while working on a cabinet sheet of views, the problem started again. I re-sent a view, could edit the lines in place by picking them where they showed in the view. After some edits, I could not select the lines as before; they had to be selected to the left of shown. I did a mental backtrack of what I had done just before this occurred. The only thing I had done different between the functioning view and the non-functioning view was to move the view label. I like to move the labels close to the view they tag to prevent possible errors in labeling. Sure enough, if I moved the label I could no longer pick a line as normal. If I didn't move the label, I could pick the lines as normal. Would someone please try this on one of your layout sheets to see if this happens on your system? I don't think it would be a setting but I don't have a clue why it would happen. BTW, I mostly move my labels to the left if that has any bearing.

Thanks, Mike

• By BobsCA
      There are random lines in my floor plan that I can't highlight or delete.  I think it is a roof issue but nothing shows as an error message.  How to I get rid of them and what are they from? 

• By BobsCA
      I have lines that show up that are dashed and heavy that I can't delete.  I assume they are from an error in my roof planes.
    • By expodesigngroup
      Anybody know why these random horizontal lines suddenly appeared in my elevations?
      Not sure what I did, but just appeared.  I've tried selecting the lines, and locating in different parts of the elevations and plan to figure out what it is and how to remove.  It's totally inaccessible.