Interior Dimensions

dbkb0227

Hello Everybody!! I'm so glad to be back using Chief Architect instead of the so called competitors that I was using!! I love this program!! I have a very simple question that I should know the answer to. When I run a line of interior dimensions through several rooms, why are the arrows only on the ends of the dimension line instead of the arrows being at both ends in each room? Thanks for the help!!

Hi dbkb

Sounds like you are using the "running dimension" tool and you should be using the "interior dimension" tool.  What version of CA are you using.

Also, good idea to list your info (computer system, memory, name, location etc. ) in your signature.

Welcome back

Doug Maddox

Hi dbkb

Sounds like you are using the "running dimension" tool and you should be using the "interior dimension" tool.  What version of CA are you using.

Also, good idea to list your info (computer system, memory, name, location etc. ) in your signature.

Welcome back

Doug Maddox

This is an incorrect reply.  The reason is you have not gone into your dimension default and specified that you want the dimension to both sides of wall.  

It does not matter whether you are using a RUNNING DIMENSION or a MANUAL DIMENSION or even the INTERIOR DIMENSION,  you must set the parameters in which you want to work in the DIMENSION DEFAULTS.......  BTW,  thanks for the question,  learned something new.....  INTERIOR DIMENSIONS do not measure the wall thickness.....  somebody was just asking about this.

Thanks Doug,

No....its when I use interior dimensions. It's like I have to do one room at a time instead of being able to run a line of dimensions across several rooms.

I'm using CA X6 Premier. Thanks again for the help!!!

Don

South Bend, Indiana

Windows 8

Thanks Doug,

No....its when I use interior dimensions. It's like I have to do one room at a time instead of being able to run a line of dimensions across several rooms.

I'm using CA X6 Premier. Thanks again for the help!!!

Don

South Bend, Indiana

Windows 8

I hope you read my reply because I gave you the answer.

If I run a line of dimensions through several rooms using "interior dimension", I get the dimensions for each room but I only get the arrow at the beginning of the dimension line in the first room and an arrow at the end of the dimension line in the last room. So, 90% of my interior walls do not have arrows. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All settings are set to "both sides" of walls.