rfantclt

Custom column - trouble making polyline solid

I am trying to make a custom column that has a brace at the top (required due to height). I have drawn the shapes I want and the center portion (the exposed structural column) easily converted to a polyline solid.  When I try to convert the the two polyline curved braces into a polyline solid, it only gives me the option to make them polyline moldings.  Attached is the Column brace.plan file and a pdf of what the overall column needs to look like.  I'm using X12.

Thanks for help figuring this out!

Rebecca

SK-Draft - Column Dtl 2020_0831.pdf

Column brace polylines.plan

The polylines need to be closed. First, clean things up a bit - the left brace has some extra lines - then select all the lines and make certain they all have identical properties (Line Style tab). In this screenshot, you can see that the lines don't have the same Weight:

1751779698_ScreenShot08-31-20at08_43AM.thumb.PNG.66ccef8deb8d11de148132a0f258e983.PNG

After you've made the lines identical, then they will "close" properly, and you will get the option to convert them to a polyline solid.

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lianenouri
    Newest Member
    lianenouri

• By pgjacob
      I am trying to create an address sign using a square polyline solid and REMOVING text from the square like in the attached image.  I know I can subtract other simple polyline solids, but how do I subtract a letter or number?  Chief Architect tech support had no solution.

Thanks in advance
      Melissa

• By robdyck
      Is there way to make a schedule of polyline solids? For example, several exterior trim objects created using p-solids and on their own layer. It would be handy to be able to create a schedule of items on a particular layer set.
    • By Aamir77
      Folks!
      Want to make sewage path. Made the PVC lines with polyline solid cylinder tool but unable to make a cylinder 90* bend. Please HELP
    • By pgjacob
      Hi All,
      I am trying to create a hole in a polyline solid.  I followed the directions on CA but get the error attached.  I am trying to make my pool scuppers look right by adding in a hole inside the scupper.

And on a side note, 3Dwarehouse has some neat things.  I always get tickled when I see those little water streams with the splash in the pool from the scuppers.  Great find at 3D warehouse.  But some things seem to be geared toward gaming, like finding a horse that had nothing to do with Roman warriors was a challenge, but I found a really nice one (pic also attached).

But any other free sources of good 3d objects?

• By MindBender
      Good Afternoon Users!
      I ran into something interesting recently. I needed to create a concealed, angled, and twisting steel plate detail in 3D for a unique life size art project. Z-Axis: One tongue was angled at 3 degrees approaching the joint between facets/ The opposing tongue is angled at 18 degrees. X-Axis: these two tongues meet at 166 degrees from 0. Y-Axis: is perp to the 3 degrees of the Z-Axis Plates. Needless to say, my best description of the prescribed dual gusset plate. I see the geometry in my mind but there seems to be no quick way to create said object. Yikes! :-) 

An object that can rotate, add/subt handles, re-shape any edge, in ANY view....

Maybe 10X will have what I'm suggesting? An "Omni-Polyline Solid".... See Attachment 

Comments are welcome. Thanks!! Enjoy your Day!!

doc00542820180301124456.pdf