stevenyhof

Stairs halfwall to follow stairs

I was messing around with my template wanting to get some more things in place for my stairs and defaults. I ran into this before and just moved on, but now I am drawing homes using Chief and need to find a way to angle or follow the stairs with a halfwall. Thank you

SND_D_Residential Template.plan

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Make the wall a solid railing wall, the do the Solver expedition through the specs.

Tight? If wall is 4.5", stair sections need to be that space apart.  No Chief 4 me right now.

I think it may be because I have a halfwall on the top floor - I may need to turn my lower wall into a solid rail - trying that now

I'll keep working on it. The cap is on the lower stairs but the wall is following the higher stairs also without a cap. Doing it this way only shows the wall on the lower floor and blank on the upper. I'm still digging...

6.jpg

Wow! I think I just did it by adding a solid rail wall on the lower floor. It still only shows the wall on the lower floor and not on the upper floor. Maybe I'll try a pony wall.
7.thumb.jpg.f077a91915e82ae6affdac5ff1cac6e9.jpg 

So I think I have a process now. The lower floor needs the halfwall (solid rail) follow the stairs.

The top floor does not show a wall - I even made a pony wall and tried the options to go thru floor, etc.

Then I added a small return of the wall where the halfwall meets the stairs on the top floor - this completed the wall. Then i was able to put the angled wall up under it.

I think it looks good in plan view and 3D. 

8.jpg

The top wall should run all the way across the stairwell.  The stairs will create the opening, and you'll like your wall junction.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    schaeffjax
    Newest Member
    schaeffjax

• By stevenyhof
      Setup Default Views from .plan to .layout
      I have found a way to set up and automate my default template .layout file using my default template .plan file.
      In the video below I step through how to set up your .layout so that all your common views are already in place on your default template .layout file.
      I use pre set Plan Views (with print ready layer sets) of each floor. (Set up in the default template) I use pre set Cross Sections (My four elevation views). (Set up in the default template) I use CAD Details to connect my common cross sections. (Set up in the default template) I wanted to find a way to set up my default .layout file so that I no longer needed to send layout views from my .plan file to the .layout file any longer as that seemed redundant for 95% of my drawings. 
      Let me know your thoughts or if there are other ways to achieve the same automation.
      https://www.loom.com/share/ba8e075063df47f5b4229acb30f7b4a9
      I realize that as I explain this that the listener has an understanding of Plan Views, the Default Plan and Layout Template.
      Once again if I do not make myself clear, I set this up once using my Default Plan Template and my Default Layout Template, so that all future drawings will have all the Sections and Plan Views set up in the Layout once you connect your current drawing to the layout when prompted.
      Thank you,
      Steve

• By stevenyhof
      Hello, I'm trying to draw some ICF walls, how do I get rid of the sill plate and space?
      Thank you
    • By JamesKCI
      Hey All,

My company is in the process of making the switch from Autodesk Revit to Chief Arch (Version X12) and I have been spending my time trying to create a lot of commonly used design elements we use on our plans but I have run into a hiccup. I'm trying to create a small, inset-type staircase (attached image is what I've done in Revit in the past) that is typically used on our plans to go from grade-level sidewalk to the main floor elevation. In my attempts, stairs either fail to recognize the elements around them or if I create them like I would in Revit in creates this garbled configuration where the stairs are their own room and the footprint of the stairs themselves cut a hole through the roof.

Checking Forums, YouTube, and the Chief site have all yielded nothing and I in my limited knowledge cannot figure it out. What am I missing?

• By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      How do others deal with this issue of showing only the main wall layer, and also show the pony wall details?
      https://www.loom.com/share/065ec43bccca444189befa2716629d75
      Thank you,
      Steve
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      Two questions...
      I lost one of my folders in my library - I must of deleted it by accident. How do I find it back? Is there a way to export/save my Library so I can restore it if something like this happens? Thank you