Exterior staircase not displaying in first floor.

ChiefWariq

Hi Guys, I have a problem that I've been trying to solve but just cant figure out, i'm hoping you guys can lead me in the right direction.

I have a set of exterior stairs that leads to the second floor living space. These stairs serve as the main staircase to the entrance of a duplex that i'm developing on my property. In plan view, I can see the stairs just fine when im on the second floor, but when I toggle down to the first floor, I can not see the outline of those stairs. I've tried for multiple hours, rummaging through settings, building them in different levels and can't get it to display. What am I doing wrong?

I'm new to the application and i'm loving it so far. Thanks for any help in advance

.staircase1.thumb.gif.a38257fd5988458e39ca23bf05a44405.gif

Staircase2.thumb.gif.2954bf14f9f1e37b2d7394c20db4c5d8.gif

staircase3.thumb.gif.1f3ba4b5f2df3076f5060f13fad39629.gif

Thanks for the reply Solver, I went back and deleted the stair case and created the stairs from the first floor UP. I also created the landing on the first. I turned on reference display and can see the staircase when in the second floor now, in red. Now, is there a way to make the staircase look just like in the first floor but with a down arrow? (in black as well?) Similar to the image here.

staircase4.thumb.gif.f56e00ade47dbc969268499188994a15.gif

This was my original staircase that i built on the second floor but wouldnt appear on the first. Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry to bug.

26 minutes ago, ChiefWariq said:

is there a way to make the staircase look just like in the first floor but with a down arrow?

Remove the CA arrow in the stair dbx and add a manual one - easy to control that way. Put it on a layerset that you want off in other views but can be turned on in your reference layerset.