Room Definition, ceiling height issues

btlt01

I have a preliminary/first draft plan I am working on for a client.  I have several issues going on I can not seem to resolve.  This is a new one - I have never had this happen in 12 years of doing this.  I have given each room the proper definition.  The default ceiling height for floor one is set to 9'.   When I tried to change the ceiling height of the living room to 15' and the kitchen to 10' it changed every room ceiling height in the plan.   The second issue I have is when I looked at the overview of the house with the roof taken off I noticed that the flooring surfaces in the left side of the house appears to all be concrete.  When I tried to open the room definition tab I can not open the room dialog boxes in the 3D overview mode for those rooms.   I can when I am in the plan view - just not the 3D rendering.   I am hoping the issues are related.   I have attached the plan.  

overview.jpg

Kelly_Plan_-_Modified.plan

17 minutes ago, btlt01 said:

I noticed that the flooring surfaces in the left side of the house appears to all be concrete.

Those rooms have the floor finish layer defined as a 0" thickness. Make it 7/8" like the other rooms...or the default thickness, or whatever you'd like.

I set the floor preferences in my room definitions before I started the plan so it should have been set automatically and I changed the bath and laundry area manually to slate.   If I open the room specification boxes and go to materials tab it shows the flooring I selected, just not in the overview.

19 minutes ago, btlt01 said:

When I tried to change the ceiling height of the living room to 15'

That's because you have a room on the 2nd floor over those rooms. Get rid of a wall so there is not a room over the kitchen or living room.

2 minutes ago, btlt01 said:

I set the floor preferences in my room definitions before I started the plan so it should have been set automatically and I changed the bath and laundry area manually to slate.   If I open the room specification boxes and go to materials tab it shows the flooring I selected, just not in the overview.

Then click default.

Moving that attic wall fixed the ceiling height issue - I built the roof manually and used the walls to make that happen.  I assumed because I labelled it attic it would not be an issue - obviously I made a bad assumption.   Thanks for your help - still working on the flooring issue.  It won't even let me use the material painter in the overview mode to change it.  If I cant resolve it I'll just make a poly solid and force it until I figure it out.