Wall Hatching.... can we change the default fill... Yet?

dshall

8 minutes ago, BWoods said:

lag, stuttering when you switch pages, just a lack of smoothness in the program is really what I mean. Frame drop probably not the best term in this instance, more so applies to video games etc. 

Frame Rate drop

Frame Rate is how many frames the screen flashes in 1 minute (good 60fps > 30fps bad)

When the Computer Processor is overloaded with more and greater detailed items, the fps slows down to capture as much detail as possible but causes the screen to stutter, freeze or even crash the operation completely and close the program.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CADguy said:

Frame Rate drop

Frame Rate is how many frames the screen flashes in 1 minute (good 60fps > 30fps bad)

When the Computer Processor is overloaded with more and greater detailed items, the fps slows down to capture as much detail as possible but causes the screen to stutter, freeze or even crash the operation completely and close the program.

Exactly, better explanation than I could've given. 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:44 AM, robdyck said:

Kyle, you should submit a feature request to Chief for this. I have, but I feel like it needs more support. These types of things are a huge suck on drawing productivity.

I used to submit a bunch and see others have killer suggestions which never get implemented so, eventually, you quit suggesting things because why even bother. Plus I have kids now so I'd rather just figure out a work-around to these issues and deal with it quietly so I can get back to playtime or bottle time or whatever more fun thing there is to do. If Chief ever gets serious about a GUI upgrade and productivity improvements I'll be there to contribute, but until then if it ain't broke (or even if it's a little broke) then don't fix it.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, BWoods said:

I tend to have to look up what I need to know every time from an older set of plans thats been engineered. 

You should get a copy of the codebook, and read through it. While you're reading through it, take what you've learned in each section and make a set of notes for your drawings. That forces you to read and understand it, and communicate it - and you'll always remember it after that.

Until then, still get yourself the latest Florida codebook PDF - probably from the ICC - Then you won't have to look at old drawings because you can just search for it in the codebook and you know you'll be right.

Good luck.