3D Renderings are very Glitchy

talock

I am getting very glitchy renderings from my Chief Architect X6. I have tried to figure this out but to no avail. Since I have a trial copy of X11 on my computer, I opened the exact same file in X11 where it works perfectly. I have attached two screen shoots from my copy of X6 and one in my trial version of X11. 

If any of you guys can help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Todd

23106 0 1 2 3 A Levels from rendering plan-Perspective Floor Overview Image.pdf

23106 0 1 2 3 A Levels B from rendering plan-Perspective Floor Overview Image.pdf

ice_screenshot_20200402-172110.png

The key to achieving a good quality render is to research a high resolution photo for your backdrop, then you have to open retrace assistance box and adjust the settings. open the edit box in the retrace section and go to adjust lighting, click on use sky.  There are many other small tricks to achieving a good quality rendering however Chief architect still has a long way to go when it comes to being able to produce high quality HD renderings as the software does not have VRay capability which in my opinion is very unfortunate.

talock,   This is a problem know as z-fighting and is associated with thin material settings as well as the model not being placed within a reasonable distance of the plan origin.

I would not mind taking a look at your X6 plan file if you could post it.

Chopsaw, Thanks for your reply!

I have attached the plan file. Please understand I am a novice at this and its still a work in progress. I have walls that do not line up from floor to floor, and my wall heights are incorrect both basement and the main floor need to 9' not 8' etc etc.. but I appreciate you looking at it. It seems odd that x11 can do it and x6 cant?

23106 0 1 2 3 A Levels from rendering plan.plan

Talock,   I can't quite find the culprit but something is causing your camera to set up at quite a distance from the model.  This is usually associated with a lost object way outside of the building zone yet I can't find it for you right now.  May have worked a bit too hard today.

You can maybe get by with moving the camera into a more reasonable proximity with the camera DBX settings and plan view adjustments.

It has been a long time since I have used X6 so I may have missed something but newer versions definitely have better camera controls making this sort of thing less likely.

There is also a driveway outside of your terrain perimeter that seems to be causing issues.

24 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Talock,   I can't quite find the culprit but something is causing your camera to set up at quite a distance from the model.  This is usually associated with a lost object way outside of the building zone yet I can't find it for you right now.  May have worked a bit too hard today.

You can maybe get by with moving the camera into a more reasonable proximity with the camera DBX settings and plan view adjustments.

It has been a long time since I have used X6 so I may have missed something but newer versions definitely have better camera controls making this sort of thing less likely.

There is also a driveway outside of your terrain perimeter that seems to be causing issues.

ok, I apprciate you looking it over Chopsaw! I'll look into DBX settings you suggested as well as the driveway outside the terrain. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, solver said:

There is a road on level 0 outside the terrain.

Try deleting it.

Thank you solver!

I will try delting the drive and let everyone know what I discover. 

You guys were correct I had a terrain elevation region I was working with. I had drug it outside the terrain perimeter and forgot about it. It now works at least as well as did prior too. Lesson learned!

Thanks again!