Has anyone found how to re-name their Camera Callout Labels in X12? For example, my cameras are set up with a Callout Label of "C1, C2, C3..." etc etc. This is by way of some default setting that I cannot seem to find. Each new camera automatically labels and numbers itself in succession as noted above. However, I have decided I'd like name all of my future Full Cameras as "P1, P2, P3... " in a new plan. 

Except for opening each individual camera to change the Callout Label, I cannot find a setting to change this default to start with a "P" and automatically number itself from there! It seems to be missing from the Full Camera Defaults page.. You CAN set a default for "Text Below Line" but not for the Callout Label itself for cameras?

image.thumb.png.f73153661b7c97304d5ed2c26418434b.pngimage.thumb.png.a9f0a09e70ea45849ba21a31b3b2d5b9.png 

8 hours ago, GCCISarah said:

Has anyone found how to re-name their Camera Callout Labels in X12? For example, my cameras are set up with a Callout Label of "C1, C2, C3..." etc etc. This is by way of some default setting that I cannot seem to find. Each new camera automatically labels and numbers itself in succession as noted above. However, I have decided I'd like name all of my future Full Cameras as "P1, P2, P3... " in a new plan. 

Except for opening each individual camera to change the Callout Label, I cannot find a setting to change this default to start with a "P" and automatically number itself from there! It seems to be missing from the Full Camera Defaults page.. You CAN set a default for "Text Below Line" but not for the Callout Label itself for cameras?

I maybe wrong but I think the C for Camera is Hard-Coded and can only be changed once the Camera is Saved but you could in your Template Plan for New Plans, place and Save 4 - 6 - 8 or ?  any number of Cameras labelled with the P# and just move them to required locations  after the house is Drawn each time.

image.thumb.png.d29adb2136ac7780211577eb8a703e5e.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TacomaTR
    Newest Member
    TacomaTR

• By ChiefAR-MARGARET
      I have spent hours trying to create note schedules for my layout. I cannot get rid of the 1st note schedule I created in my elevation. I have deleted everything and started over, opened new plans, tried to copy and paste, cad detail, etc. But it just isn't working! Every new note references other notes that are deleted, turn off, etc. And there are no videos to address this. They only show you how to do 1 note schedule. Thank you!
    • By StructEng58
      Good day all, 

I am currently looking at buying a new computer and I am very heavily leaning on purchasing a MacBook Pro 16", which will give me everything to run Chief Architect. I have a MacBook that I bought in 2009 and it is still running strong, but it is not upgradable to the new Mac OS and I can't run X12. Right now I am running a Windows10 desktop, but really want one computer for work and other things. On my current setup I am running dual monitors with a TV attached for when I meet with customers. 

I am looking for a dock for the MacBook Pro, which will allow me to connect up to four (4) monitors. This is so I can attach the two monitors I have along with the TV. In the near future I would like to add a third monitor for doing my structural calculations and such while in Chief. I have found this one linked below, but was wondering if anyone else is using a similar setup or if this will cause problems with Chief?

Targus Quad Docking Station

Thank you in advance, 

Chris 
    • By HDbyJustin
      Hello everybody. I have recently made the jump from the Home Designer Pro series to Premier X12. I have a client that wants the windows to be labeled with letters instead of numbers. I have not seen a way to change that but am I missing something?
    • By Alyssa5
      Hi, 
      I have attached a couple of screenshots to best describe my problem
      Whenever I move the camera view, I get this sort of distort colouring on my walls?
      Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks