Sign in to follow this  
SchmittenDesign

walk through speed

I have a client meeting in 36 hours and I have been rendering a walk through for 36 hours already. Why is it taking so long? i am at frame 3867 of 7373. Do I abort or wait it out? It is slowly clicking away, but it hasn't left the kitchen in 12 hours. How do I speed this up?

Need more information if someone is going to try to help.  Software ?  Walkthrough Settings ?  Computer and Video Card Specifications ?

It really should not take that long with a reasonably fast computer and moderate settings.  Did you do a low quality test recording ?

I have a Dell computer that is just over a year old.

M.2 256GB PCIe NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive
16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 UDIMM Non-ECC
NVIDIA Quadro P2000, 5GB, 4 DP
Intel Core i7-8700, 6 Core, 12MB Cache, 3.20GHz, 4.6Ghz Turbo w/ HD Graphics 630
Precision 3630 Tower with 460W up to 90% efficient PSU (80Plus Gold) with SD card reader

Ok it looks like you don't have a computer performance issue.

How about your version of the software ?    Are you trying to run an 8K recording ?

Video Codec also makes a huge difference.

Is video codec a free software download or how do I get this? I am using Windows Media Video . Should I choose something else?

It looks like you may finish just before your presentation but no guarantees what you will actually have to present.

I have rendered over night before but never 72 hours.

I have been running Xvid even before it was included in the software.  It is included in X11 and X12.

You may have time to reset and run a 1080p video before morning but I don't want to be the one to make that decision for you.