Cabinet reveals inaccurate?!

yoseflab

I'm new to CA and am trying to figure out why my kitchen cabinet doors seem to display the wrong sizes.

In the default cabinet settings under "box construction" I have framless full overlay 1/16" reveal cabinet, one would expect that [as an example] a wall door height and width of a wall cabinet 15"W x 30"H should be 14 7/8"W x 29 7/8"H (15x30 minus 1/16" on all sides). Instead under "Front/Sides/Back" it shows 28.5"W x 13.5"W indicating that the reveals are 0.75"!!! This makes it difficult to calculate the doors when making specific/custom modifications.

What am I missing? 

Front Sides back.JPG

Box cunstruction.JPG

General.JPG

That "door height" is actually the door opening height.  Chief does not give you door heights.

Play around with cabinets and take section cuts, use the measure tool, and you'll get up to speed on what to do.

Some of us use the faceframed approach to do frameless cabinets, setting the "separation" (i.e. faceframe stiles) width at 3/4", and the overlay at 11/16".  Customize your verticals however you want, but I set things to my wall cabs have a top reveal of 1/8" and a bottom of zero.  Basecabs top reveal is 3/8" and bottom is zero.  You back into these numbers setting separation sizes and overlays.