Sorry.... Another New PC Question

RobUSMC

I have a new designer in the office that needs an upgraded PC. So she will be getting my current Dell Alienware of 4 years old and today I will be ordering myself a new Dell Alienware with what I feel is the latest technology / components available thru a Dell build with the three main components.

Processor: 9th Gen Intel i9 9900 (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Ram: 32GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

Only having them install a single 2 TB SSD drive because my local PC tech will install three additional 2 TB SSD for storage as my PC is our pseudo storage server for my office of five other PC work stations. He can do this at a fraction of the cost.

Attached is a copy of the build sheet. If anyone has any input.

However, I know there are other processors, graphics, etc. out on the general market that may be a little better but not available from Dell in their builds.  I'm sticking with Dell as I have both personal and business credit lines and my past four PC's have been Dells and as such I'm getting a $475 discount on this build with 1 year free premium on site service and support with accident damage overage.

Thanks

Minimal comment here.  I would say the 2TB m.2 onboard drive is a big waste of space, especially with a quasi-server for your office.  With the m.2 I would highly recommend only installing your OS there, and you only need a fraction of that space.  All of your file storage should be saved on the server where hopefully you have some manner of redundancy set up there (ours is 4 ~ 2 TB drives "striped").  Even programs which don't properly run if not on your root drive won't take up a fraction of that space.  My root drive is 500GB but I could have easily gone with 250GB.  I don't have any other manner of on-board storage in form of SATA SSD.  On my home office computer I do have a 2TB USB SSD that I frequently backup my server files with Windows built-in SyncToy.

* edited for explanation, reason for only OS on the m.2 is plan for failure and easy replacement/reinstall without losing a bunch of stored files.  I don't know what the limit of read/write was on the old HDD but the new SSD do have a defined limit before potential failure.