Beyond702

Foundation Questions

I generated a 8" CMU foundation based on the 1st floor. Now I need to add additional support for the roof. I am try to create multiply 16" CMU "piers" on reinforced concrete slab sections. I would also like the floor beam from above to run across the top of the new "piers". All I can find information on is adding solid wall or posts that sit on a full length rail of concrete. I need individual concrete squares with the 16" CMU sitting directly on top. (I attached an example of what it needs to look like)

My second question is... Once I am done with my plan, I want to transfer a cross section of the exterior wall to Layout. Where can I find the images of my wall sections?

Screenshot (443).png

Screenshot (444).png

1 minute ago, Beyond702 said:

My second question is

What was your first question? :)

Draw the piers and beam manually.

2 minutes ago, Beyond702 said:

Where can I find the images of my wall sections?

You create them as required.

I guess I never really asked a direct question. How can I draw them manually? I watched the training video and to create a slab it shows going to the build Tab on the toolbar and then to select  slab... I do not show the slab subcategory in my dropdown.

I'm new to using this program. I know what I need to create I just do not understand the steps to accomplish it. I'm using Chief Architect. 

As you can see I do not have the slab option. The only thing showing is a Polyline which I'm currently trying to use to create a concrete box... . 1765462436_Screenshot(445).thumb.png.8c2e121ed8e3b92da2a70372d9554d67.png

I imagine it's because you are using Interiors and not Premier. I'm not up on all the differences but a polyline or polyline solid should substitute.

Have you tried using a 3D Box primitive?